Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just saying

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Just saying

The whole team stunk today. About the only two who showed up today were Wallace and Harrison. By the way, what the heck was Tomlin doing leaving our franchise QB in the game when clearly it was a loss cause. I know Ben played like crap but do we really need to risk injury to him in the last 10 minutes of that crapfest?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler
    The whole team stunk today. About the only two who showed up today were Wallace and Harrison. By the way, what the heck was Tomlin doing leaving our franchise QB in the game when clearly it was a loss cause. I know Ben played like crap but do we really need to risk injury to him in the last 10 minutes of that crapfest?
    Good point about Tomlin....but....Ben played like crap after the game was nearly over. 14-0 and 21-7 nearly right out the gate is a hard hurdle to over come, let alone versus a defense like the Ravens.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think they left him in to see a couple of things...they needed to generate something positive (failed) & second, you can't let the Ravens start talking about how they drove Ben from the game - so much of this rivalry is mental & you can't give them any edge.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

As close as these games have been recently and the way the Ravens have always found a way to give a game away, I think this type of thrashing was due. I don't think that was the 2011 Steelers that were on the field today. At least I hope not!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    As close as these games have been recently and the way the Ravens have always found a way to give a game away, I think this type of thrashing was due. I don't think that was the 2011 Steelers that were on the field today. At least I hope not!

Is there a pattern of coming out and starting games flat? Happened today. Happened in the Super Bowl. Other games last year?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Good point about Tomlin....but....Ben played like crap after the game was nearly over. 14-0 and 21-7 nearly right out the gate is a hard hurdle to over come, let alone versus a defense like the Ravens.
    Your excuses are ridiculous. That Fumble he had in the first half cost us 7 points and put us in a bad situation. He was needlessly careless with the ball, and it was a HUGE and unnecessary mistake. Ben was one of many who played terribly today.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

There was a point, especially the last offensive series, when Ben was still getting pounded. I was also surprised to see him in the game so late. It would have made some sense to pull both Ben and Troy late.

I guess the Steelers wanted to put together a drive or a stop to have something positive to bring into next week, but I was wondering about that during the game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Your excuses are ridiculous. That Fumble he had in the first half cost us 7 points and put us in a bad situation. He was needlessly careless with the ball, and it was a HUGE and unnecessary mistake. Ben was one of many who played terribly today.
    I am not making excuses for Ben. I admit he played bad but the defense is far more responsible for this loss than anyone else.

And I dont know how you can call someone careless with the football when they are looking away (down field), for a receiver to get open and then gets hit from the side by one of the games best defensive players. Dont you think the O-line is more responsible for that turn over than Ben is?
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

put me in the group that couldn't believe Ben was still in the game late. it's games like that when no one can block, catch or tackle that guys get hurt.

Also put me in the category with those that hope that was indeed NOT the 2011 Steelers out there today. I'd rather not be in the situation of deciding how to not pick Andrew Luck #1.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Backup

User Info Menu

Very poor coaching when you leave your franchise QB in the game with even 4 minutes left in the game against your number one arch rivals, who are always out to hit and punish Ben anyway they can. Just plain STUPID by Tomlin!