Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ben?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Ben?

a lot of Steelers played poorly today.

Ben was one of them...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

Fortunately the Seahawks are a really bad team. Our defense should be able to keep the scoring low and Ben will look good against them.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Shades
    Fortunately the Seahawks are a really bad team. Our defense should be able to keep the scoring low and Ben will look good against them.

the Seattle Seahawks coming to Heinz Field next week should be just what the doctor ordered to help cure what is ailing us.

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Notes: Ben had tough day

[url="http://www.timesonline.com/sports/local_sports/steelers-notes-ben-had-tough-day/article_71b7b62c-2dfa-5b72-ac6e-ede8dac95372.html"]http://www.timesonline.com/sports/local ... 95372.html[/url]

Doug Kapustin/Baltimore Sun
    STEELERS VS RAVENS

Posted: Sunday, September 11, 2011 11:45 pm

By Mike Bires [email="mbires@timesonline.com"]mbires@timesonline.com[/email] | 0 comments

BALTIMORE - For the most part, Ben Roethlisberger has had great success against the Ravens. He's 9-3 against them, including two playoff wins. But some of his worst performances have come against the Steelers' most bitter rival.

One of those poor performances came Sunday in a 35-7 loss.

Roethlisberger served up three interceptions, all in the second half (safety Ed Reed had two of them). He was also sacked four times, and on two of those sacks, he fumbled the ball away. His passer rating was a lowly 52.9.

"We turned the ball over," Roethlisberger said. "A lot of it was my fault. I need to play a lot better."

"You know, a couple of plays broke down," coach Mike Tomlin said when asked about the interceptions. "We're down, and he's trying to make something happen. One was tipped. I'm not going to try and make excuses for it. They are what they are. You have video evidence."

The only other times Roethlisberger lost to the Ravens was twice in 2006 when the Steelers finished 8-8 and missed the playoffs.

On Nov. 26 that year, the Steelers lost in Baltimore 27-0. Roethlisberger threw two interceptions and was sacked nine times. Four weeks later in Pittsburgh, the Ravens won 31-7. Roethlisberger threw three picks and was sacked four times.

"They got after it," Roethlisberger said of the Baltimore defense.

SUGGS SETS RECORD

By recording three of the Ravens' four sacks of Ben Roethlisberger, outside linebacker Terrell Suggs became the Ravens' all-time leading sack artist. He now has 71.5 for his career. He passed Peter Boulware, who had 70.

"I had all my family in the stands and it was against the Pittsburgh Steelers, so it was almost like fate," Suggs said.

Suggs has now sacked Roethlisberger 15.5 times in his career, playoff games included. No other defender has sacked Roethlisberger as often.

"As I've said all along, I've been playing against him for a long time and he's a great player ... one of the best in the game," Roethlisberger said. "He's all over the field. It's not like you know he's going to be on your left side. He's right. He's up the middle. He's very strong. He's fast. He's just a disruptive player."

COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN

Down 21-7 at halftime, the Steelers hoped to mount a comeback early in the third quarter. They were getting the football to start the second half, and they wanted to change the momentum by scoring at least a field goal.

But on the first snap of the third quarter, Ravens defensive tackle Haloti Ngata shot threw a gap untouched and drilled running back Rashard Mendenhall just as Roethlisberger was handing the ball off to him.

The hard hit by Ngata forced a fumble the Ravens recovered at the Steelers' 18-yard line. On the next play, Joe Flacco threw a touchdown pass to tight end Ed Dickson to make it 28-7

"Our guard and center had a communications issue going on there," Roethlisberger said. "I just heard a big collision and the ball came out."

The Steelers' center is Maurkice Pouncey. The guard in question was Doug Legursky.

HARRISON BRUISES KNEE

Outside linebacker James Harrison left the game in the fourth quarter with a knee injury.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said that "James went off and we'll call it a knee contusion at this point. Until further review, it doesn't appear to be serious."

X's and O's

-- The seven turnovers created by the Ravens set a new team record. A Steelers spokesman said he didn't know the last time the Steelers committed seven turnovers in a game.

-- During a touching pre-game 9/11 tribute, several Steelers held the giant flag that covered the field as the Star Spangled Banner was played. They were Roethlisberger, Harrison, linebacker James Farrior and defensive backs Ryan Mundy, Ike Taylor, William Gay and Ryan Clark.

-- Third-team quarterback Dennis Dixon was one of the seven Steelers designated as a game-day inactive. The others were running back Jonathan Dwyer, wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery, tackle Chris Scott, guard Ramon Foster, linebacker Chris Carter and cornerback Curtis Brown. Cotchery and Carter didn't dress because they're recovering from hamstring pulls.

-- The Ravens are 24-5 when they score first under coach John Harbaugh.

-- The crowd of 71,434 was the third largest crowd ever at M&T Bank Stadium.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=Dee Dub]
    Quote Originally Posted by "NJ-STEELER":702cs18b
    He definatley owns Jon scott's bad word

Or any LT we've tried throwing out here the last few years

Am I like the only one who watches these games sober? Suggs pressure on Ben today priamrily came fron inside. A couple of times he lined up inside (DT), on the left and then looped inside (stunt), right past Pouncey untouched.[/quote:702cs18b]

Yes he had the sack thru the middle. and moved around all game. It causes more confusion. But I wouldn't be that confident if he just stayed on the right side and rushed on Scott all game long.

There was a play where the crew commented on how he just rag dolled Scott and threw him to the side like a ngata/lego match up

as well as what was mentioned above.. More of a historical sense

What do you think of our LTs performances against him the last few years. You can't tell me your happy with them

Legend

User Info Menu

On a day filled with F level performance; you can add Ben to the list with a failing grade. And it's not just posters here who think so.

Gerry Dulac (Pgh Post Gazette):

QUARTERBACKS F

You might have to go back to the Oakland game in 2006 to find a worse performance by Ben Roethlisberger, who threw three interceptions, fumbled twice and was sacked four times Sunday. He did a nice job to keep the play alive on an 11-yard TD to Emmanuel Sanders, but that was about it. In the past three games, counting the postseason, Roethlisberger has thrown seven interceptions.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    On a day filled with F level performance; you can add Ben to the list with a failing grade. And it's not just posters here who think so.

Gerry Dulac (Pgh Post Gazette):

QUARTERBACKS F

You might have to go back to the Oakland game in 2006 to find a worse performance by Ben Roethlisberger, who threw three interceptions, fumbled twice and was sacked four times Sunday. He did a nice job to keep the play alive on an 11-yard TD to Emmanuel Sanders, but that was about it. In the past three games, counting the postseason, Roethlisberger has thrown seven interceptions.
    A bad game every five years? I'll take it. Brady, Manning, Rivers etc do it more often than that....

Legend

User Info Menu

Toally agree JAR. I'm not worried about Ben at all but you have to call it as you see it and he was horrific yesterday. Time to move on. The next two games should be great for the Steelers - the Seahawks are not good and then the D should feast on Collins and the Colts.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletfire1970
    Suggss> than anything we have on defense.
    Glad to see you out from under that rock, .

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    In the past three games, counting the postseason, Roethlisberger has thrown seven interceptions.
    A bad game every five years? I'll take it...
    Doesn't sound like 5 years. Sounds as though Ben has thrown quite a few picks in the last three games against quality opponents. I think he''ll look better against bad defenses and fortunately the Steelers have quite a few on the schedule this year. Bring on the Seachicks.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity