Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ben?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Ben?

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    He definatley owns Jon scott's bad word

Or any LT we've tried throwing out here the last few years

Am I like the only one who watches these games sober? Suggs pressure on Ben today priamrily came fron inside. A couple of times he lined up inside (DT), on the left and then looped inside (stunt), right past Pouncey untouched.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Suggss> than anything we have on defense.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

wasn't it 7-0 when he fumbled the ball on the first or second drive? I missed it.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben didn't look too great today. In fairness, there was a lot of sucky OL play.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    Ben didn't look too great today. In fairness, there was a lot of sucky OL play.

And the sucky was probably the best level of play put on the field by the O Line.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    Quoth Suggs after the game: "Ben is a great quarterback. God can have his soul, but his as s belongs to me."
    That is kind of funny...I like him off the field & is usually balanced in his observations aside from us, but he has made his rep playing against sub-standard LTs we continually trot out across from him.
    I agree. I cant hate on him. He gave Troy props as being the best player in his draft class.
    He said "if you want to be the "King" you gotta have the "rings". I often hear honest Steeler respect from this guy.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim
    wasn't it 7-0 when he fumbled the ball on the first or second drive? I missed it.
    7-0 second drive Ben fumbled on the sack
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[quote=Dee Dub]
    Quote Originally Posted by "NJ-STEELER":5ej7oby5
    He definatley owns Jon scott's bad word

Or any LT we've tried throwing out here the last few years

Am I like the only one who watches these games sober? Suggs pressure on Ben today priamrily came fron inside. A couple of times he lined up inside (DT), on the left and then looped inside (stunt), right past Pouncey untouched.[/quote:5ej7oby5]
    I assume his comment - like mine - was meant more a historical context rather than a specific play today.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Backup

User Info Menu

Ben once again couldn't keep up with the other QB/offense lighting our defense up. Just like Green Bay and New England last year. They start fast, leaving our offense in the dust. You have to be able to win shootouts, being an elite QB and all. I'd like to see more games like GB in 09, where right from the start he was on point. Brees and Rodgers didn't get much help from their defense on thursday night. Just tired of the excuses man. Make it happen.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny
    Ben once again couldn't keep up with the other QB/offense lighting our defense up. Just like Green Bay and New England last year. They start fast, leaving our offense in the dust. You have to be able to win shootouts, being an elite QB and all. I'd like to see more games like GB in 09, where right from the start he was on point. Brees and Rodgers didn't get much help from their defense on thursday night. Just tired of the excuses man. Make it happen.

Here! Here!