Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Only one bright spot in this beatdown.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Re: Only one bright spot in this beatdown.

Agreed Ike was the bright spot, didn't give Evans a touch! Brown looked good on Special teams, otherwise we were pi$$ poor, thankfully it's only one game! Keeps the Towels flying

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler
    one more bright spot.....troy can bodyslam a midget
    I thought his hair looked nice when he was chasing the receiver into the end-zone on the TD pass play.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Shades
    I thought his hair looked nice when he was chasing the receiver into the end-zone on the TD pass play.
    Shades, it's good to see you back on the forum and participating. I was missing your sarcasm, wit and humor all delivered with the truth wrapped inside.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Shades, it's good to see you back on the forum and participating. I was missing your sarcasm, wit and humor all delivered with the truth wrapped inside.
    Thank you, Thank you! I'll be appearing here weekly hopefully through February 2012.

Legend

User Info Menu

Thank you, Thank you! I'll be appearing here weekly hopefully through February 2012.
    We only signed Shades to a one-year deal? We better franchise tag him next year....
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Casey was getting a great push up the middle most of the times I noticed him. Unfortunately he was the only player in the front 7 that was playing today. And that's what the difference was in this game.
    YEs, I totally agree. He owned Birk. Unfortunately, Yanda destroyed Smith so many times that Casey's penetration didn't make much of a difference.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Starter

User Info Menu

Hey! What about Ben. You take away the three [3] interceptions[2 of them in Bal's Redzone] , two [2] fumbles, the bobbled center snap that really caused Mendys fumble, that missed throw someone mentioned to Wallace, ehh! a couple other little things. Uhh! Other than that he had a pretty good day. No?

Looking at the GAMEBOOK I was surprised to see that the Steeler's dressed 7OL. But, Gilbert and Essex did not play. So actually the starting five played every snap since Foster and C. Scott were inactive. Gotta give them some credit for at least surviving. No?

Pappy said "I'd throw in Mike Wallace as a bright spot today as well. He showed he can get open and run routes other than the fly pattern."

Seriously though, quite a few posters mentioned Wallace. He quietly did 8 for 108. That is on pace for 1700+ yds. You know that 2000 goal he talked about that has never been done is really not unimaginable. Nahh! If someone ever got even close they would shut him out with double or triple coverages and it would be a huge liability to try and get him the ball. My first thought when he mentioned this was he should have kept quiet.

Pappy

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wallace, Ward, Redmen and Miller are the only ones I felt earned their offensive paychecks.

Rookie

User Info Menu

This looks to me like a continuation of a more serious problem. We all thought the Super bowl was a fluke, but here we are in game one of the new season, and the OL looks bad, the defense looks old and slow (and Troy is healthy), and I hate to say it Ben made some very bad decisions with the ball resulting in numerous turnovers. Whatever is going on I hope they figure it out soon, or this is going to be a very long season.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    Wallace, Ward, Redmen and Miller are the only ones I felt earned their offensive paychecks.
    ^^^
    I'd have to agree. Fortunately these guys seem to consistently perform well.