Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just saying

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    I am not making excuses for Ben. I admit he played bad but the defense is far more responsible for this loss than anyone else.
    While I agree that there is plenty of blame to go around for this fiasco, there is no way to blame the defense for 7 offensive turnovers. How the defense responded to those TOs...yes. But the 7 TOs were all on Ben and the offense. I respectfully suggest that without those 7 TO's the Steelers are in this game until the end and the defense gives up less than 20 points total.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Starter

User Info Menu

[quote=Steeler Shades]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dee Dub":35ucnk0p
    I am not making excuses for Ben. I admit he played bad but the defense is far more responsible for this loss than anyone else.
    [/quote:35ucnk0p]
    While I agree that there is plenty of blame to go around for this fiasco, there is no way to blame the defense for 7 offensive turnovers. How the defense responded to those TOs...yes. But the 7 TOs were all on Ben and the offense. I respectfully suggest that without those 7 TO's the Steelers are in this game until the end and the defense gives up less than 20 points total. [/quote

From the GAMEBOOK play x play section:

1stQ
    1-10 Pit 44 3:18 Ben hit Fumbled Bal scored TD couple plays later made it 14-0

2ndQ no TO's Steelers have nice 68yd drive 14-7 but Bal answers with an 84 drive. Half ends 21-7

3rdQ
    1-10 Pit 20 14:45 Ben/Mendy/Ngata handoff. Ngata wins it. Bal scores 28-7oops 29-7

1-10 Pit 20 l4:39 1st Int. Bal does not score. Pit takes over on downs. Drives down the field but

1-10 Bal 18 7:35 2nd Int. Any hope of a comeback now really dimmed. Bal again drove down the field and got a FG 32-7

4thQ
    1-10 Bal 20 11:08 Int 3 again no pts in Bal Redzone

2-2---Bal 39 7:27 Ben hits Mewelde 23 yds to the Bal 16 he fumbled Bal recovered. What a day!

3-18 Pit 20 4:08 Ben hit fumbled Bal got it at the 9 scored a TD on 1st play but a penalty brought it back. The settled for a FG 35-7. That as you said made 20 points after they got the ball on TO's. Most of them came quick and were easy but not all.

What hurt just as much was the 3TO's in the Bal Redzone. No points. 2INT's and MM"s fumble. Just a bad day all the way around. Hopefully the optimists are right and things will turnaround quick. I think they are.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Keyplay1
    That as you said made 20 points after they got the ball on TO's. Most of them came quick and were easy but not all..
    Wow! Thanks Keyplay1 for the stat breakdown. Sadly it brought back bad memories of yesterday's game.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity