Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 INTs to Reed

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

2 INTs to Reed

what exactly was Ben looking at on these throws?

As an armchair quarterback, those are unforgivable.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: 2 INTs to Reed

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock
    what exactly was Ben looking at on these throws?

As an armchair quarterback, those are unforgivable.
    Unforgivable for ANY QB.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What was he looking at? No doubt the fact that the games was already over when he threw those picks to Reed. That's what I was looking at.

If you think Ben had much to do with this a#@ whooping by the Ravens, you better look at the sorry excuse for a defense the Steelers had on the field today.

Horrible.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Not enough gas on the first one so Reed had time to get to it. The second one he tried to throw it while running away from where he intended & it floated. Bad day for Ben no doubt but his receiving corps didn't do him any favors by not being able to get open any better.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    What was he looking at? No doubt the fact that the games was already over when he threw those picks to Reed. That's what I was looking at.

If you think Ben had much to do with this a#@ whooping by the Ravens, you better look at the sorry excuse for a defense the Steelers had on the field today.

Horrible.
    Playing from behind doesn't make it OK to throw two redzone INTs straight into the hands of Ed Reed. Those were flat out terrible decisions, and they can be seen as such in isolation from all the other circumstances of the game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=D Rock]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dee Dub":31xjt8q7

Horrible.
    Playing from behind doesn't make it OK to throw two redzone INTs straight into the hands of Ed Reed. Those were flat out terrible decisions, and they can be seen as such in isolation from all the other circumstances of the game.[/quote:31xjt8q7]

I dont disagree what you are saying but have you ever been down 21-7 and had the responsibilty of carrying your team back from this deficet? Against one of the best defenses in the league? Sometimes you try to do too much and force things...but this game wasnt lost by Ben. The defense didnt show up today right from the first drive.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[quote=Dee Dub][quote="D Rock":1mxw15kp]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dee Dub":1mxw15kp

Horrible.
    Playing from behind doesn't make it OK to throw two redzone INTs straight into the hands of Ed Reed. Those were flat out terrible decisions, and they can be seen as such in isolation from all the other circumstances of the game.[/quote:1mxw15kp]

I dont disagree what you are saying but have you ever been down 21-7 and had the responsibilty of carrying your team back from this deficet? Against one of the best defenses in the league? Sometimes you try to do too much and force things...but this game wasnt lost by Ben. The defense didnt show up today right from the first drive.[/quote:1mxw15kp]That is how I seen it too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Horrible.
    By that standard Archie manning was better than Bradshaw.

Manning LIVED with bad defenses for YEARS.

If we want to credit the defense THAT MUCH for QB play you in effect make the case of Ben's critics, who claim he rides the coat-tail of a great defense.

How a QB plays under pressure from behind is Ben's strength. It is OUR answer to the critics.

I last years playoffs the Ravens were crushing us, and Ben wasnt compelled to start chucking gift lobs to Ed Reed.

Ben did what Ben does and we won.

Yes the defense was bad. As was Ben. As was the RBs turnovers.

Ben and the rest of the O get no excuse for their role in this loss because the defense was also aweful.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    Not enough gas on the first one so Reed had time to get to it. The second one he tried to throw it while running away from where he intended & it floated. Bad day for Ben no doubt but his receiving corps didn't do him any favors by not being able to get open any better.

1st was certainly a balloon. 2nd one he threw about sidearm. It was a duck flyover above the receiver.

Legend

User Info Menu

I dont disagree what you are saying but have you ever been down 21-7 and had the responsibilty of carrying your team back from this deficet? Against one of the best defenses in the league? Sometimes you try to do too much and force things...but this game wasnt lost by Ben. The defense didnt show up today right from the first drive.
    I repeat you dont have to crack the HISTORY BOOKS on that one.

Ravens 21, Steelers 7 THE LAST TIME WE PLAYED the Ravens, Ben did not chuck the ball to the boys in purple.

We won the game. We have only played TWO real GAMES since that win.

I dont expect Ben to do it all the time. All I expect is for him to play well.

Ben is not the only reason we lost but he deserves a share of the blame like everyone else because he like the rest played poorly. He was HORRIBLE.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher