Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Can we cover a Tight End?

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Can we cover a Tight End?

    Good God.

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Can we cover a Tight End?

    The Ravens went into the off season and looked at NE offensive scheme and they are using it to expose Lebeau scheme. Don't be surprised if you see this all season.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

  3. #3
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Re: Can we cover a Tight End?

    Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    Good God.
    No, we can't.

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Can we cover a Tight End?

    I think it may well be a LONG season.

    Should have taken some of that money we gave to Troy, and signed some more defensive help. We could have always franchised Troy for next year and worked out his contract later.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Can we cover a Tight End?

    We could possibly cover a tight end, if we had someone carrying out the assignment to cover the TE.






  6. #6
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Can we cover a Tight End?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10
    The Ravens went into the off season and looked at NE offensive scheme and they are using it to expose Lebeau scheme. Don't be surprised if you see this all season.

    That absolutely sums it up. GB did the EXACT same thing to us in the Super Bowl. They word is out, it would take a total bonehead to not use the same blue print against Lebeau's defense. They knew they had the answer and were ready to play and handed us our collective arses. We'll see what they have left for the rest of the league. Lebeau should be sweating bullets.
    [URL]http://www.killabot.com[/URL]

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Can we cover a Tight End?

    And, this D will fit Cleveland's WC offense to a T, not in our favor.






  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Can we cover a Tight End?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10
    The Ravens went into the off season and looked at NE offensive scheme and they are using it to expose Lebeau scheme. Don't be surprised if you see this all season.

    That absolutely sums it up. GB did the EXACT same thing to us in the Super Bowl. They word is out, it would take a total bonehead to not use the same blue print against Lebeau's defense. They knew they had the answer and were ready to play and handed us our collective arses. We'll see what they have left for the rest of the league. Lebeau should be sweating bullets.
    Yep!!!! It has been coming for a couple of years now even though people want to quote rankings of the defense from past years. Where were the adjustments from the "legend???" None whatsoever. Just follow the template and keep the same players out there who can't cover someone when teams spread us out.

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Can we cover a Tight End?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10
    The Ravens went into the off season and looked at NE offensive scheme and they are using it to expose Lebeau scheme. Don't be surprised if you see this all season.

    That absolutely sums it up. GB did the EXACT same thing to us in the Super Bowl. They word is out, it would take a total bonehead to not use the same blue print against Lebeau's defense. They knew they had the answer and were ready to play and handed us our collective arses. We'll see what they have left for the rest of the league. Lebeau should be sweating bullets.
    Yep!!!! It has been coming for a couple of years now even though people want to quote rankings of the defense from past years. Where were the adjustments from the "legend???" None whatsoever. Just follow the template and keep the same players out there who can't cover someone when teams spread us out.
    The defensive peformance was abysmal yesterday, no doubt. But what scheme do you want to run? Who would you choose to replace Lebeau? I can see an argument for Dom Capers or Rex Ryan. But who else? Who would you cut / not resign to add a player in the secondary? Timmons is supposed to be great in coverage, but he didn't do any better than the rest of the LBs yesterday.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Can we cover a Tight End?

    With Timmons and Troy, we should be able to do better.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •