User Info Menu

Re: Steelers sign Troy

GREAT NEWS !!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by plainnasty
    Early word is 4 yrs $36.5 million.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    If that is the deal then Troy has proven he wants to be a Steeler versus a mercenary. I'd be interested to hear the guaranteed money because that is all that really counts.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    If that is the deal then Troy has proven he wants to be a Steeler versus a mercenary. I'd be interested to hear the guaranteed money because that is all that really counts.
    Want to talk about a bargain? The guaranteed money on Adrian Peterson's new 7 year, $100 million is the same as the total value of Troy's new 4 year contract.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Like was said, we don't know if those numbers are true. But if they are, it is hardly a discounted deal. I mean 4 years at almost 37 million ? Weddle's new deal was 5 years for 40 million, and Ed Reed;s deal was for 6 years at 44 million. That makes Troy's average per year deal well over those two players. So it's not like Troy gave us a Home Town discount here.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by insanesteelersfan
    Like was said, we don't know if those numbers are true. But if they are, it is hardly a discounted deal. I mean 4 years at almost 37 million ? Weddle's new deal was 5 years for 40 million, and Ed Reed;s deal was for 6 years at 44 million. That makes Troy's average per year deal well over those two players. So it's not like Troy gave us a Home Town discount here.
    We gave him best-paid-safety-of-all-time money last time, and he proved to be worth it. This contact actually falls below the contract that Chiefs safety Eric Berry signed as the 5th overall pick last year (five-year, $60 million contract with $34 million guaranteed).

*Thanks for reminding me of Berry's contract, HIsteel.*

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Did anyone notice its only a 4 year contract and Troy said now he can retire as a Pittsburgh Steeler? Is that a strong indication that he will be retiring in 4 years at age 34?
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Starter

User Info Menu

We gave him best-paid-safety-of-all-time money last time, and he proved to be worth it. This contact actually falls below the contract that Chiefs safety Eric Berry signed as the 5th overall pick last year (five-year, $60 million contract with $34 million guaranteed).

*Thanks for reminding me of Berry's contract, HIsteel.*

You can't count Berry's deal cause his was a rookie deal, signed last year before the new CBA was done lowering what rookies make. If Berry would have been selected in THIS draft at the same spot, his deal wouldn't even be 1/3rd as much. So that's no proof that Troy signed for less here. Bottom line, it's more then Weddle's deal. And more then Ed Reed's deal.

Legend

User Info Menu

Bottom line, it's more then Weddle's deal. And more then Ed Reed's deal.
    As it should be.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I am happy Troy is going to retire as a Steeler. Easily one of the greatest Steelers player ever.

And for 9 million/yr i think its a fair deal.

Kudos to our new GM Kevin Colbert and Omar kahn. Rooneys made big splash this offseason.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT