Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Watch the GOP Debate this week?

Re: Anyone Watch the GOP Debate this week?

I'll take Rick Perry's federalsim over Ron Paul's Libertarianism any day. His performance on jobs and the plan that he released earlier yesterday were what I really wanted to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    I'll take Rick Perry's federalsim over Ron Paul's Libertarianism any day. His performance on jobs and the plan that he released earlier yesterday were what I really wanted to see.
    That is what freedoms all about!! Diversity.

As for me however, I'll be voting for Ron in Arizonas primary next year

Legend

Anyone see SNL last night? They had a debate on Marriott tv and Ron Paul was out in the parking lot, Newt and Bachman were in a broom closet, and Santorum was in a SF gay bar.

Seriously, we're gonna get who the media wants for us.

The mormom, the n-head, or Cain.

Hopefully Cain becomes the choice. I really think he's the only one of those 3 that's not a complete knucklehead and I may consider voting for.

I like Paul and all, but no one's voting for him AZ. His best bet would be to have Romney/Perry get the Republican nomination so we'd have the absolute worst choices for president in the history of our nation between one of those 2 and Obama.

The there may be a spot for an independent to get some play a la Ross Perot. Paul has been alienated by the media, so he'd of course need to be some independent's running mate. His best case scenario would probably be running on a ticket with Jesse Ventura or someone like that.

At the end of the day, Paul is not likeable enough, doesn't have a personality, and just isn't good enough looking to be president in today's day and age. Not really fair, but likely true.

And I'd gladly take him as my president. Just no way I see it ever happening.

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Anyone see SNL last night? They had a debate on Marriott tv and Ron Paul was out in the parking lot, Newt and Bachman were in a broom closet, and Santorum was in a SF gay bar.

Seriously, we're gonna get who the media wants for us.

The mormom, the n-head, or Cain.

Hopefully Cain becomes the choice. I really think he's the only one of those 3 that's not a complete knucklehead and I may consider voting for.

I like Paul and all, but no one's voting for him AZ. His best bet would be to have Romney/Perry get the Republican nomination so we'd have the absolute worst choices for president in the history of our nation between one of those 2 and Obama.

The there may be a spot for an independent to get some play a la Ross Perot. Paul has been alienated by the media, so he'd of course need to be some independent's running mate. His best case scenario would probably be running on a ticket with Jesse Ventura or someone like that.

At the end of the day, Paul is not likeable enough, doesn't have a personality, and just isn't good enough looking to be president in today's day and age. Not really fair, but likely true.

And I'd gladly take him as my president. Just no way I see it ever happening.
    I get what you are saying and I think you have credibility in most of this, however I do NOT believe this message of freedom is so easily discredited. I mean c'mon, he is polling around 12-15% nationally, he has millions of dollars being raised and once you become a Ron Paul supporter, it becomes VERY hard to want to vote for anyone other of these talking heads. Ron Paul is Americas choice because he stands for freedom. Don't listen to me though, formulate your own opinions on the real MEDIA (internet and independent news stations) The LAMEstream media will not make Ron look electable and if you are waiting for this to happen before you look into him than you are truly missing out.

I find it interesting though, that Ron Paul receives more donations from active military personnel than all the other candidates...COMBINED.... http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews...tary-donations

The message resonates with all of us, but it's up to YOU to want to stand up and do something about it. A few good sites I visit often for info are http://www.dailypaul.com
    andhttp://www.ronpaulforums.com

The time has come for real change.... not this phony bs marketing change but a true takeover of truth and prosperity....

PEACE

Legend

Maybe another way to put it is too many people in America are enslaved by the current political system and cannot vote for Ron Paul as a result.

No one wants freedom broadly. They want their handouts. Whether it's Social Security, Medicaid, a free education, food stamps, a gov't paycheck, etc.

Personally, I'd cut everything from the IRS to Dept of Eduction/Energy to the FDA/EPA/FAA to 80-90% of military spending to Social Security.

Heck, we should run the gov't as a charity and ask for donations. Eliminate all taxes and the money that gets contributed to political campaigns goes to cover the necessities of running gov't.

And just like every other charity, run it on donations and volunteers (including the military).

People are so enslaved, they have no idea what freedom is or could be. We're collectively brainwashed.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Maybe another way to put it is too many people in America are enslaved by the current political system and cannot vote for Ron Paul as a result.

No one wants freedom broadly. They want their handouts. Whether it's Social Security, Medicaid, a free education, food stamps, a gov't paycheck, etc.

Personally, I'd cut everything from the IRS to Dept of Eduction/Energy to the FDA/EPA/FAA to 80-90% of military spending to Social Security.

Heck, we should run the gov't as a charity and ask for donations. Eliminate all taxes and the money that gets contributed to political campaigns goes to cover the necessities of running gov't.

And just like every other charity, run it on donations and volunteers (including the military).

People are so enslaved, they have no idea what freedom is or could be. We're collectively brainwashed.
    I'd love to hear how this new America that you envision would be a better place to live in than Somalia.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by snarky
    I'd love to hear how this new America that you envision would be a better place to live in than Somalia.
    It wouldn't be stifling hot all the time. That's all I got.

I'm thinking Rick Perry is the guy that I want most. I agree with his Federalist philosophy more than any of the other candidates- though Newt, Bachman, Cain and Santorum are pretty good there as well. He has a good track record as a Governor to add to it and I think we've seen with Obama that governing experience actually does matter.

That said, I have a feeling that no matter who I vote for in the Ohio primary, I'll end up having to vote for Mitt in the general. That's OK, I guess, everyone in the GOP race is better than Obama (probably the worst President in my lifetime).

A different generation of music than what is posted above, but might be of some value in it's biting humor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_r-rc1k-cA

PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by snarky
    It wouldn't be stifling hot all the time. That's all I got.

It's stifling hot down here all the time. Anything else?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!