Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Watch the GOP Debate this week?

Legend

Anyone Watch the GOP Debate this week?

That's 2 hours I wish I had back.

This debate reminded me how much the media sucks. Obama and the democratic party clearly own the media. There's no other reason they give so much attention to Romney and Perry who come off as 2 of the biggest d-bag politicians I've ever listened to.

If these are the 2 favorites in the Republican party, Obama's a lock to get his second term in office. I hate how the media gets behind something and all of a sudden people just let the media decide how they're gonna think for the most part.

I feel even more disenfranchised. Not only will I not have a viable choice again for president, I don't even have a viable choice for the republican candidate because these 2 jackarses are being shoved down our throat. Neither seems likable nor very intelligent.

I usually find myself agreeing with most everything Ron Paul says, but he has 0 polish and there's no way he's getting anywhere. If the Republican party could only find someone young, tall, charismatic, etc. that took Paul's views, we might have a winner. But the Republican party doesn't want to embrace those views either.

I could live with Herman Cain as prez or Jon Huntsman, but those guys are completely marginalized by the media just like Paul.

Newt, Bachman, and especially Santorum seem like they're just wasting money and everyone's time.

In my lifetime, I haven't voted for a mainstream candidate for President yet because I haven't had a viable choice. I almost voted for McCain last time because I thought Palin could have made a good leader, but I just couldn't do it because of McCain leading the ticket. Out of Obama, Biden, McCain, and Palin, Palin was the only one that had the experience to lead the country and had any views close to those of most Americans.

I might be able to get behind a Huntsman/Paul ticket or a Cain/Paul ticket, but I can't fathom voting for any of the others and definitely wouldn't consider Obama.

Maybe we can get a strong independent ticket that can make real headway for once. And I wouldn't be surprised if we got one this year to help Obama the way Perot helped get Clinton elected.

I'd probably vote for a Ventura/Paul ticket. I bet you could get a lot of America behind that ticket. A Palin/Paul ticket might not be bad, but Palin's been a victim of the media and there's probably no way she'd have any chance even though her experience may make her more qualified than the rest of the Republican field or Obama.

I dunno how all of this will play out. But I'm guessing I'll have no one to vote for once again. And we'll likely be saddled with big gov't and a bad economy for decades to come.

Our country is totally f'd. We can't unwind out of the mess of slavery to the gov't. We have all these stupid programs from Social Security to Medicare to wars/policing the world that we can't get out of because any candidate that wants to get out of these programs won't ever get voted for.

What we need is someone who will lie to the media and Americans and then get into Washington and just do the right things. Instead we get these candidates that pander to blocks of voters and then give more to widen the base they can pander to in the future.

Politics are a negative feedback loop. And we can't break the cycle.

We almost need a benevolent Hitler to run for Prez.

Re: Anyone Watch the GOP Debate this week?

Flip,

You might be interested in reading the New York Times article on Sarah Palin from yesterday. Interesting perspective.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

A Benevolent Hitler?

What about a Moronic Einstein? A Handsome Elephant Man? An Egomanaical Mother Theresa?

1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    Flip,

You might be interested in reading the New York Times article on Sarah Palin from yesterday. Interesting perspective.
    Just took a look and that pretty much sums up my thoughts on her. She's been too defined by the media for anyone to hear anything she has to say at this point.

Our thoughts are controlled by what we are told in sound bytes.

I get bummed about politics because I'm optimistic about people. And everything our gov't does seem to show a complete lack of faith in the individual.

I wish the gov't would get out of it's own way have show a little faith in an individual's ability to make choices.

But I guess in a way, it's a self fulfilling prophecy because we continue to let gov't make our choices for us and control/limit our decisions.

It's kinda ironic that we believe we're a free people. We're just as controlled as most dictator lead nations that we go to war with. I know that sounds crazy/insane. But they do say you become what you despise.

Not sure who 'they' is. Probably just some quote the media fed me and made me think

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    A Benevolent Hitler?

What about a Moronic Einstein? A Handsome Elephant Man? An Egomanaical Mother Theresa?
    Hitler was a monster, but charismatic enough to lead despite his flawwed thinking.

How about a Jesus without religion? That might work in a president

OK, I'll go on record with this: I think that the only way we get out of the mess we are in is through significant civil unrest, perhaps civil war.

That is just what history shows me.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    OK, I'll go on record with this: I think that the only way we get out of the mess we are in is through significant civil unrest, perhaps civil war.

That is just what history shows me.
    History repeats itself. No doubt about it.

And Flip, don't loose hope in freedom and sound money just yet. Ron Paul may be viewed as the "laughing stock" , the "crazy" , the "unelectable" candidate to the media... But for every level headed thinking person out there, he is there man.

Ron Paul cured my apathy..... and if anyone is still feeling the symptoms of this apathy, just do a little research into Ron Paul and check out his consistent voting record... It's quite refreshing to actually be able to listen to him and feel that he is actually speaking from his heart and not being controlled by the puppet masters as the others are...

Also , Perry and Romney don't stand a chance against Ron in a "fair" debate....

The media is owned by the same mother fvckers that make billions off wars.... why wouldn't they want to disregard Dr. Paul....

Viva La Revolution !!!!

The whole political process is controlled by the Dems and Reps and voting is one of the most useless things that I do. The dems and Reps have concocted a system which eliminates any outside of their mainstream views so even see the light of day. That's why guys like Ron Paul, The Green Party candidate (I can't remember his name), etc will never have a voice in govt. It's a two party system and you have to vote for the lesser of two evils.

Last election I voted Dems for Senate and Reps for House and didn't vote for a presidential candidate at all. Gridlock is the best that I can hope for, at least, if nothing gets done I can't get hurt any worse than I already am being abused by our "benevolent" (yea, right) government.

Gridlock is good folks, consider it an option...Better to dance with the devil you know...

Pappy

1.15) Ra'Shede Hageman - DE
    2.47) Jason Verrett - CB
    3.97) CJ Fiedorowicz - TE
    4.114) Brandon Coleman - WR
    5.145) Lamin Barrow - ILB
    5.173) Terrance Mitchell - CB
    6.176)
    7.207) Jay Bromley - DT
    7.215)

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Better to dance with the devil you know...
    Listen to this song, in its entirety and tell me this is still true...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTy5gIm7J6c

Abolish the system and put in place one that works .... FREEDOM...

Blue, Red, Green .. It's all relative to what you believe. I vote and live with my heart and how I analyze and digest the world around me. I study history and ponder about future consequences.... Believe nothing that you hear and half of what you see....

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Gridlock is the best that I can hope for, at least, if nothing gets done I can't get hurt any worse than I already am being abused by our "benevolent" (yea, right) government.
    Sad but true.

At the end of the day, all activity by gov't turns out bad. Any idea to spend money or make a rule almost always has negative consequences.

So our best hope is inactivity.

Wonder if some candidate could run on the platform of "I won't do anything and you'll be better off as a result"?

The idea that the president or congress or any gov't figure can positively impact my life is almost laughable to me.

I kinda wish someone famous would run a "Don't Vote" campaign (a la MTV's Rock the Vote). Seriously, who votes for the Dem and Republican candidates? Time and again the choices are bad and I really think they only reason these guys get any votes is the media guilts people into believing it's their civic duty to vote.