Thread: Jason Worilds looks good...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jason Worilds looks good...

Several nice plays. Once he was lined up over the slot receiver. On another pass play out to the flat he was very quick to get out there. And as I right this he gets a nice sack. He looks like all he lacks is opportunity. Physical LB who has some pretty solid instincts.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Jason Worilds looks good...

yes, that's the best I've seen Worilds look.

and another young LB who has also been impressive in the first half is Mortty Ivy, I think I've seen him make 4 or 5 tackles so far.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    yes, that's the best I've seen Worilds look.

and another young LB who has also been impressive in the first half is Mortty Ivy, I think I've seen him make 4 or 5 tackles so far.
    Agreed. Add what Stevenson Slyvester has done this preseason and the future is very bright at the Linebcker Factory.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Not to sound like a turd in the cool whip, but is he doing this against the 1st or 2nd team? I'm not able to see the game.

Backup

User Info Menu

He got a sack because he was unblocked. I am not that impressed with him. He can only try and beat OL with a speed rush. He also seems to struggle to hold the edge. I can promise you that Timmons will move outside if an injury occurs rather than put Worilds in the game.
    The Steelers’ went through seven consecutive drafts (2003-09) without taking an offensive lineman in the first two rounds, the longest such streak by any franchise this century.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAMillion
    He got a sack because he was unblocked. I am not that impressed with him. He can only try and beat OL with a speed rush. He also seems to struggle to hold the edge. I can promise you that Timmons will move outside if an injury occurs rather than put Worilds in the game.

I read somewhere that the Steelers have also been having Stevenson Sylvester learn how to play the OLB position, which made me think they may also still have questions about Jason Worilds' ability to take over that position in the event of injury to Woodley or Deebo.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Not to sound like a turd in the cool whip, but is he doing this against the 1st or 2nd team? I'm not able to see the game.
    He's doing it against whatever opportunity he gets. As the #3 or #4 OLB he isnt going to get many reps versus an opposing first team. But I like what I see.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAMillion
    Max, you see "unblocked" and I see the speed in which he got there. Also when he was able to get out in the flat in coverage showed his speed as well.

When you say he struggles to hold the edge you are pretty much talking about every OLB the Pittsburgh Steeler have had in the past 20 years not names James Harrison. Greg Lloyd himself had trouble at times holding the edge. What makes these 3-4 OLB's is their ability to first get after the QB. Then being able to drop in coverage. Ask any 3-4 coach and they will tell you they are more concerned that the OLB turns the play inside than they are with them being able to hold the edge.