Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mcfadden possible roster cut?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mcfadden possible roster cut?

I was reading something on another site, that seem to mention there is a possiblilty in releasing Mcfadden if his camp injury is more than what it is. Saying the Lewis and Wood are stepping up big time and gaining the trust of coaching staff.

This move will save them 2.5 Mill and mention could possible use the loot on Starks or Adams.

I don't believe it, but pretty interesting. Mcfadden is what he is not great not spetacular, just decent solid, WHEN HEALTHY. But we saw what the lingering affects of injuries have done to him. In AZ, when they lost out to I think GB, and in the superbowl again against GB.

What if Lewis has a great preseason game this week and What if Wood turn's more heads...could mcfadden actually be go back out west?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Mcfadden possible roster cut?

McFadden or Kemo could be a "surprise" cut. It is unlikely, but both have injuries and did not perform well last season.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    McFadden or Kemo could be a "surprise" cut. It is unlikely, but both have injuries and did not perform well last season.
    Colon-Hills-POuncey-LEG-Scott/Essex/Gilbert

But the thing is who would be the LG? LeG? And have Essex the back up Guard/Tackle, and still have player Flex in Hills, Legs, and Ess

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would cut Kemo before McFadden, just to prevent Gay from starting at corner.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

McFaddy's the best tackler in our secondary. That's being so underrated by the fan base.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    McFaddy's the best tackler in our secondary. That's being so underrated by the fan base.
    He can't tackle anyone from the sidelines if he can't stay healthy.

Let Curtis Brown play.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I highly doubt that cutting McFadden is on the Steelers' radar. In Carnell Lake's latest interview, he spoke as though McFadden is penciled in as a starting CB.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george
    I was reading something on another site, that seem to mention there is a possiblilty in releasing Mcfadden if his camp injury is more than what it is. Saying the Lewis and Wood are stepping up big time and gaining the trust of coaching staff.

This move will save them 2.5 Mill and mention could possible use the loot on Starks or Adams.

I don't believe it, but pretty interesting. Mcfadden is what he is not great not spetacular, just decent solid, WHEN HEALTHY. But we saw what the lingering affects of injuries have done to him. In AZ, when they lost out to I think GB, and in the superbowl again against GB.

What if Lewis has a great preseason game this week and What if Wood turn's more heads...could mcfadden actually be go back out west?

Who is Wood?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gus

Who is Wood?
    I'm guessing he's talking about Donovan Warren, but I'm not sure.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus

That's my guess too. The funny thing is, I keep thinking of him as Wood (I don't know why) which is a good sign. All DB's with Wood in their name seem to be awesome!

Who is Wood?
    I'm guessing he's talking about Donovan Warren, but I'm not sure.