Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for those that go to away games ...

Legend

User Info Menu

Question for those that go to away games ...

Hi everybody!

SASF, Jr. and I are going to the game in Houston on 10-2. It won't be as much fun as last year's 4th game of the season at Heinz Field we went to with Ruth and Mrs. Ruth, SteelerNation1, Jigawatts, and everyone else, but we're hoping for a great time anyway!

Question is: Is it better to buy tix through the stadium, or through steelers.com? Do they put all us Steeler fans together in the same part of the stadium (I hope)? Anything else I should be thinking about?

Thanks for any advice!

P.S. Anyone coming down? 1st beer's on me!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Question for those that go to away games ...

Advice:
    Go to the planetsteelers game! Nah, just kidding. I would try ticketexchange. Or eBay bro. Have fun
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Legend

User Info Menu

I always buy on ebay when I get tix.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Backup

User Info Menu

I have traveled to many away games. I usually try to get the tickets directly from the team. Unlike the Steelers, many teams don't sell out right away.

There is no visiting fan section. You are mixed in with everybody else. But there will be plenty of Steelers fans there to keep you comfortable. There always are. Before the game starts, it will appear that half of the fans are Steeler fans. But then the local teams fans will file in right before kickoff. Wear your colors and wave your towel with pride and comfort, we have taking over many opposing teams stadium.

Legend

User Info Menu

I love how the Steelers fans hold up their Terrible Towels while the home team is being introduced. It blocks out large portions of the stands for the whole TV audience to see.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Placed my order for two tix just now ... woo-hoooo!

Went through stub-hub, checked out a bunch of sites (ebay, Texans site, and one or two others), these were the cheapest by a few bucks. You guys ever hear of seat-geek? Pretty cool, it combines all of the different sites into 1 ... but on the other hand wasn't the cheapest.

I guess the purchase won't be "confirmed" for another 48 hrs ... holding my breath!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I just ordered 2 tix for the stains game on a Thurday night. I got them on NFL site which goes through ticketmasters. It came out to be about $145 per ticket in Section 533.

I'm stoked!!
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Tickets in HAND!!! WOO-HOOO!! Last time I saw the Steelers play Houston they were in "Baby Blue" uniforms ("Luv Ya Blue" ... HA!!!!), and I think the father of the two Ryan boys (Buddy) was their coach.

Now, I just gotta find a nice Steeler bar or two for the evening before.

Hey Ghetto - do you know Houston?

GetOnDaBus

I order two tickets last night should be here tomorrow before 5pm. Got front row in the end zone on the Steelers side of the field!!!! Will be the best seats I have ever gotten for a Steelers game, now I just have to hope they don't open the dome like last time because we will be in the sun the while game. :/

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GetOnDaBus
    I order two tickets last night should be here tomorrow before 5pm. Got front row in the end zone on the Steelers side of the field!!!! Will be the best seats I have ever gotten for a Steelers game, now I just have to hope they don't open the dome like last time because we will be in the sun the while game. :/
    Hey Bus -

You from Houston? If so, can I ask for a little help at this post?

[url="http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18443"]viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18443[/url]

Thanks!