Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Billick just said.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Billick just said.....

that the Rats and Steelers will "juxtaposition". He used it wrongly, but he was saying that the Rats take the division and we are on the outside looking in.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Billick just said.....

The Ravens weren't on the outside looking in last year, though. They made the playoffs too.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Billick can lik my....

6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This carries about as much weight as anything Cowher says promoting the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

they looked almost as putrid as we did.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wouldn't piss on Brian Billick if he was on fire...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel

james...i was wondering where you were tonight coming off the edge..

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel

james...i was wondering where you were tonight coming off the edge..

think the defense needs me and Troy?

NFL Preseason: The Good & The Bad From Steelers Vs. Redskins

By Pete Wilmoth - Contributor
    August 12, 2011

Jason Worilds

With James Harrison ailing, Worilds got the start at outside linebacker, getting abused throughout the first quarter in the run game. Recent Washington acquisition Tim Hightower racked up 52 total yards, most of which came when the Redskins ran stretch plays left, toward Worilds. If he wants to work his way into the linebacker rotation more in 2011 and pave his way to be Harrison's successor in a couple seasons, Worilds needs to prove that he's more than just a pure pass rusher.

[url="http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/pittsburgh-steelers/2011/8/12/2360508/nfl-preseason-washington-redskins-isaac-redman-santana-moss-cameron-heyward-antonio-brown-grossman/in/2124339"]http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/pittsbur ... in/2124339[/url]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

When and where did he say this? If it was after tonights game and a conclusion drawn from this performance it of course means nothing.

What he should have said was: "Those damn Steelers did it again. It looks like they may not have to expend a 1st rd choice in the future to find a replacement for James Farrior. They may have one in #48 Mortty Ivy who already appears to be an upgrade over the defecting moronic Keyaron Fox.

Or, he might have said. "Well now, who do the Steelers get rid of ---Casey Hampton and keep Chris Hoke for a backup or vice-versa. It probably won't be long before Anthony Gray takes over in the middle."

Heck, he might even have noticed that Donovan Warren has some good instincts and toughness. Then he could have said "And all three of these players were acquired without expending a draft choice. Yeah, those @#XX#$SDX$$ Steelers are at it again."

There were a whole lot of things he could have said. How about. "How long do you think it will take before Antonio Brown is the most feared WR in the NFL.

Surely there were other things he could have said. Anyone think of any?

However, if the remark was made in reference to the trade Bal made for Evans. Even though I agree that Bal made a very good deal there, his comment was somewhat of an over reaction. LOL or wishful thinking.

Legend

User Info Menu

He was a color guy for the Tampa / KC game. That's where.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]