Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sweed?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sweed?

does anyone know if he was scratched tonight? I haven't seen him in the game at all?
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Re: Sweed?

I don't think he played either...probably the shoulder...

But, it isn't as though the other WRs outside of Brown distinguished themselves...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Backup

User Info Menu

I think I am officially jumping off the Sweed watch deal.. Seems like we want the kid on the team more than he does. Maybe its just bad luck or he is cursed or whatever but I'm over it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ricardo Colclough sucked, and I wanted to see him gone.

Alonzo Jackson sucked, and I wanted to see him gone.

Bruce Davis sucked, and a I wanted to see him gone.

Why do I keep finding myself pulling for Sweed to come through rather than wanting to see him gone???

Legend

User Info Menu

Limas peed the bed as a toddler...and he still does.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock
    Why do I keep finding myself pulling for Sweed to come through rather than wanting to see him gone???
    6-4 220 lbs, 37 inch vertical leap, and can get separation...same reasons I can't stop rooting for him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    Limas peed the bed as a toddler...and he still does.
    This could be the start of the anti-Chuck-Norris-facts revolution!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock
    Ricardo Colclough sucked, and I wanted to see him gone.

Alonzo Jackson sucked, and I wanted to see him gone.

Bruce Davis sucked, and a I wanted to see him gone.

Well said, D Rock...

I find myself in the same boat. I think that at least some of the coaching staff feels the same way. I think he is similar to Timmons ( i said similar not identical) in that he has physical tools but it's taking him a long time to develop (although for different reasons). I truly believe that if Sweed were given starter minutes he would work out some of his issues. Unfortunately that is not how the NFL works.

Starter

User Info Menu

When I saw some other Steelers wideout (Robinson?) wearing Sweed's #14 in the game last night the first thing I thought was that Sweed must have been cut already. Well, unless of course Sweed is sporting a new jersey # this season or the team is duplicating numbers just for camp.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned
    When I saw some other Steelers wideout (Robinson?) wearing Sweed's #14 in the game last night the first thing I thought was that Sweed must have been cut already. Well, unless of course Sweed is sporting a new jersey # this season or the team is duplicating numbers just for camp.
    Sweed switched to Plax's old #80 last year (before injuring his Achilles). Or perhaps it is a tribute to the immortal Cedrick Wilson instead.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.