Thread: OK…put me down!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

OK…put me down!!

…unless there are the dreaded catastrophic injury or two…I am on going on record as saying that I believe the Pittsburgh Steelers will be a better team in 2011 than they were in 2010. Why? Here’s why…

The return of one of the leagues better RT’s (Willie Colon), will help one of the glaring weakness of the Steelers from 2010 ( O-line)
    The addition of a solid WR in Jerricho Cotchery (who plays into Ben’s strength of extending plays)
    The emergence of OG Chris Scott who could be the new starting RG
    Doug Legursky, who we all saw come on late last year with major development, and will no doubt add some solid depth inside.
    No major losses from key starting positions from 2010 over the off-season
    A weak schedule and one that down the stretch plays heavily in favor of the Steelers (Bengals, Browns, 49ers, Rams, and Browns)

I see 13-3 and the Steelers being an even greater challenger for obtaining #7.

Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: OK…put me down!!

I agree....I think the team will have a very solid year. It is big that they were able to keep most of their own players in house. It will make a big difference this year with the way the league schedule has been drawn. They may start off slow just because of the schedule but I see the team hitting its stride right around the middle of October and carrying it all the way to Indy!!!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I agree....I think the team will have a very solid year. It is big that they were able to keep most of their own players in house. It will make a big difference this year with the way the league schedule has been drawn. They may start off slow just because of the schedule but I see the team hitting its stride right around the middle of October and carrying it all the way to Indy!!!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

And this is a list of players who I believe will improve over their 2010 performances…

Maurkice Pouncey
    Lawrence Timmons
    Mike Wallace
    Ziggy Hood
    Antonio Brown
    Jason Worilds
    Isaac Redman
    Stevenson Sylvester

And this is a list of those who I believe will have lesser years but won’t actually affect the Steelers all that much in the big scheme of things..

Hines Ward
    James Farrior
    Aaron Smith
    Brett Keisel

In other words, group one’s pluses will outweigh groups two’s minuses.

I left out Emmanuel Sanders because of his injury but if he is healthy he will be in group one as well.

Legend

User Info Menu

Man, with this thread title, I thought it was an open invitation to come hurl insults at Dee Dub

I'm down too. 19-0 and #7 baby!!!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Man, with this thread title, I thought it was an open invitation to come hurl insults at Dee Dub
    Since when has anyone here needed an invitation for that?

It's like in prison when one gets "Green Lighted". You know a hit is just around the corner.

Legend

User Info Menu

The schedule works out for us this year, I think.

Got some tough games early, but we should be better equipped to start strong because of the continuity on our roster and coaching staff, while other teams will struggle to adapt to new players in new systems.

Then late in the season, when that effect start to even out, our schedule softens significantly. I expect early season success as well as late season success. There may be a lull somewhere in the middle, but I can see a scenario in which we have a little bit of breathing room at the end, and don't need to hold our respective breaths as the season winds down.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd rather have the toughest schedule in football every year. That way it prepares us for the playoffs.

I think bad schedules mess with a team's psyche and players get overconfident and don't work as hard.

Good competition means you have to work hard week in and week out and then you're ready to rock and roll in the playoffs.

I always thought that kinda hurt us in the Cowher era when our division was extremely powder puff. At least we have the Ravens now to make us work even though we always beat them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    …unless there are the dreaded catastrophic injury or two…I am on going on record as saying that I believe the Pittsburgh Steelers will be a better team in 2011 than they were in 2010. Why? Here’s why…

The return of one of the leagues better RT’s (Willie Colon), will help one of the glaring weakness of the Steelers from 2010 ( O-line)

RT was not a glaring weakness for the Steelers last season, Flozell Adams played very well.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub

RT was not a glaring weakness for the Steelers last season, Flozell Adams played very well.
    Indeed. He was better than Colon, IMO.