Thread: question about the NFL

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

question about the NFL

I admit I did not pay much if any attention to the NFL Labor thing for the past 6 months, but I do have one question about it...

Does this mean there will ALWAYS be a salary cap in the NFL? This is great news if it is indeed the case, for the simple reason that there will not be a Yankee/Red Sox like NFL with teams like the Cowboys and Redskins doing what they want to kill the small market teams.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: question about the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609
    I admit I did not pay much if any attention to the NFL Labor thing for the past 6 months, but I do have one question about it...

Does this mean there will ALWAYS be a salary cap in the NFL? This is great news if it is indeed the case, for the simple reason that there will not be a Yankee/Red Sox like NFL with teams like the Cowboys and Redskins doing what they want to kill the small market teams.
    At least for the next 10 years. That is how long this new CBA will run, and neither side has any opt out clauses. Labor peace is good!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: question about the NFL

There really isn't a salary cap per se given the way deals get structured. Some teams that have more cash can spend more cash in a given year.

To keep it completely fair and simple, they should have an annual cash limit that each team can spend.

None of these complex shenanigans where teams spread out signing bonuses over lives of contracts.