Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resigning Starks?????

Legend

User Info Menu

Resigning Starks?????

With Flozell released maybe there is some credability to the multiple "rumors and reports" that the Steelers may resign Starks. Maybe the whole Starks thig was a cap savings with the mind to resign later.

I'd feel much better knowing that Starks is there in some capacity. He is a class act and even now I have more confidence in him at LT than Scott, Hills or anyone else on the roster.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Resigning Starks?????

Maybe, it's Flozell that they will release and sign. I would think this is last year as a player and there isn't going to be much interest in signing him.

EDIT: Evidently, that isn't the case, since Flozell decided he didn't want a pay cut. If there's no interest in his services he may reconsider his stance that he won't accept a pay cut.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    With Flozell released maybe there is some credability to the multiple "rumors and reports" that the Steelers may resign Starks. Maybe the whole Starks thig was a cap savings with the mind to resign later.

I'd feel much better knowing that Starks is there in some capacity. He is a class act and even now I have more confidence in him at LT than Scott, Hills or anyone else on the roster.
    I would agree with this IF the rumors of him being 400 lbs and being out of shape are overblown/inaccurate. Also if he's recovered from his neck injury. If healthy/in shape, he's a big improvement over Scott.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd rather have Starks metoring Marcus Gilbert thsan Jon Scott. For that reason I hope they resign him to a reduced contract.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd rather have Starks metoring Marcus Gilbert thsan Jon Scott. For that reason I hope they resign him to a reduced contract.
    We never should have cut Starks unless his neck is not right. I don't care if he was 400 pounds. After Pouncey, he was a our best linemen and good LTs are very difficult to find or develop.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Maybe, it's Flozell that they will release and sign. I would think this is last year as a player and there isn't going to be much interest in signing him.

EDIT: Evidently, that isn't the case, since Flozell decided he didn't want a pay cut. If there's no interest in his services he may reconsider his stance that he won't accept a pay cut.

Pappy
    Don't worry, there will be interest in his services. As there will in Starks, if he is healthy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser

Pappy
    Don't worry, there will be interest in his services. As there will in Starks, if he is healthy.
    I still suspect Starks and the Steelers have a handshake deal they are working out.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser

Pappy
    I still suspect Starks and the Steelers have a handshake deal they are working out.
    I don't know...Starks' tweet sounds as though he thinks his days as a Steeler are over.

Legend

User Info Menu

This is a shame if they don't resign him. He's a quality tackle and a quality guy by all accounts.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

this is a very poor pass protecting o-line right now. It may be an average to slightly above average running line. But, I fear for Ben's health.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.