Thread: Randel El Released

Legend

User Info Menu

Randel El Released

I just saw the news via twitter. Announced with Starks.

With his salary, releasing ARE was almost a given. He clearly wasn't getting the job down as a punt returner, and this must be a vote of confidence that Sanders is fully recovered.

El made a great grab in the SB which is probably the highlight of his second tour of duty with the Steelers, so at least he went out on a somewhat positive note.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Randel El Released

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    I just saw the news via twitter. Announced with Starks.

With his salary, releasing ARE was almost a given. He clearly wasn't getting the job down as a punt returner, and this must be a vote of confidence that Sanders is fully recovered.

El made a great grab in the SB which is probably the highlight of his second tour of duty with the Steelers, so at least he went out on a somewhat positive note.
    nice 2 pt conversion too in that SB

Starter

User Info Menu

I wish him the best of luck. He was always a prodessional here. He worked hard and never complained. Something that you could never say about Plex. Obviously the steelers believe that A.Brown can do the job that El was asked to do, and do it at a cheaper price.
    But that does not mean El cannot be effective on another team. And I wish him the best. Thanks Randel for all your dedication here in the Burgh

Legend

User Info Menu

Evidence that Ike DID NOT take a "hometown discount?"

Clearing cap space?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

Clearing cap space?
    We were $10 million over the cap BEFORE signing Ike.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Clearing cap space?
    Evidence that we were 10 million over the cap before we signed Ike and Susiham. We had to free up 10 million before we signed anyone. There will be more cuts before next week, or they will rework some contracts.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

Clearing cap space?
    We were $10 million over the cap BEFORE signing Ike.

this

Legend

User Info Menu

Clearing cap space?
    If anything, it's evidence that the Steelers took advantage of the lack of a cap last year to bring in some veterans whose salary would be unsustainable with a cap (ARE and Foote immediately jump to mind).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The nation wishes you well ARE. I hope your career continues and you do very well on an NFC team.

P.S. I can't believe we are signing Suisham.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

that's too bad, I was looking forward to Week 2 of the regular season against the Seattle Seahawks and watching ARE throw another TD pass to Hines Ward.

you know, for old times sake...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha