Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers # 1 re-sign priority is....

Starter

User Info Menu

Steelers # 1 re-sign priority is....

....Not L.Woodley, or Ike Taylor! It is without a doubt WR Mike Wallace fans. And please don't even argue this. Mike is easily the best 3rd round pick in a long time. I mean we are not even a High passing amount team, and look what this kid has done. In two seasons he has more yards and TD's then Andre Johnson got his first two seasons in the league, and Johnson is the highest paid WR in the league at 74 Million over 7 years. And Charger Vincent Jackson...who sat out 11 games last season cause he did NOT take the Chargers offer of 6 years for 64 million has NEVER had a season yet as good as Wallace's season last year. Jackson has 28 total TD's in 6 years...Wallace has 16 over his first TWO years.

People please, with Ward close to retiring, and we still don't know how good either Sanders or Brown can be,,,re-signing Wallace, who will be a " Restricted " free agent after this season IF the new CBA stays the same as it was the last time, you KNOW owners like Uncle Al in Oakland...who ADORES " Speed "...and Washington Money Bags Daniel Snyder will be " CREAMING " all over themselves to sign Wallace to Big Bucks. The Steelers HAVE to avoid this by re-signing Wallace ASAP!!

Cause I doubt the Rooney's will ever match a offer from either of those two owners who you know would go way way overboard to try and obtain the speedy WR services. This is our # 1 priority fans. Not Woodley...although he to IS very Important. And certainly NOT a 31 year old CB who couldn't catch a cold sitting outside naked in Alaska in January....let alone catch a Ball for a Interception on a consistant basis.

Re-sign " MIKE WALLACE "!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers # 1 re-sign priority is....

Quote Originally Posted by insanesteelersfan
    ....Not L.Woodley, or Ike Taylor! It is without a doubt WR Mike Wallace fans. And please don't even argue this. Mike is easily the best 3rd round pick in a long time. I mean we are not even a High passing amount team, and look what this kid has done. In two seasons he has more yards and TD's then Andre Johnson got his first two seasons in the league, and Johnson is the highest paid WR in the league at 74 Million over 7 years. And Charger Vincent Jackson...who sat out 11 games last season cause he did NOT take the Chargers offer of 6 years for 64 million has NEVER had a season yet as good as Wallace's season last year. Jackson has 28 total TD's in 6 years...Wallace has 16 over his first TWO years.

People please, with Ward close to retiring, and we still don't know how good either Sanders or Brown can be,,,re-signing Wallace, who will be a " Restricted " free agent after this season IF the new CBA stays the same as it was the last time, you KNOW owners like Uncle Al in Oakland...who ADORES " Speed "...and Washington Money Bags Daniel Snyder will be " CREAMING " all over themselves to sign Wallace to Big Bucks. The Steelers HAVE to avoid this by re-signing Wallace ASAP!!

Cause I doubt the Rooney's will ever match a offer from either of those two owners who you know would go way way overboard to try and obtain the speedy WR services. This is our # 1 priority fans. Not Woodley...although he to IS very Important. And certainly NOT a 31 year old CB who couldn't catch a cold sitting outside naked in Alaska in January....let alone catch a Ball for a Interception on a consistant basis.

What do you mean? The guy did not even make the "Top 100 players of 2011"

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.

What do you mean? The guy did not even make the "Top 100 players of 2011"

Other peoples stupidity doesn't concern me. Fact is that Wallace had a great 2nd season when he wasn't a surprise to anyone like he was in his rookie season. And yet he still performed. The fact that WR's like Reggie Wayne, and even Andre Johnson made the Pro Bowl over Wallace was stupid. No doubt Brandon Lloyd and Bowe of KC deserved to go. But Wayne only made it cause of his " Hype " Yes he had 111 catches, but he also only averaged barely over 12 Yds a catch, and had only 6 TD's. And he played on a Colts team that averages 55 pass attempts a game!!

Bottom line is if Wallace has a season this year where he ups his catches to say 75-80 for over 1,500 to 1,00 Yds and 12 + TD's...you can forget about re-signing Wallace then cause he and his agent will KNOW that other more prominant passing teams with owners who pay BIG for them will be climbing all over themselves to sign Wallace. Which is why the Steelers MUST re-sign him as soon as possible.

Legend

User Info Menu

....Not L.Woodley, or Ike Taylor! It is without a doubt WR Mike Wallace fans. And please don't even argue this

instead of taking your word for it maybe we should just let our front office decide whether Troy Polamalu, Ike Taylor, Lamarr Woodley, Lawrence Timmons or Mike Wallace will be the Steelers' #1 priority to re-sign...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

If he's a restricted free agent after this season, we can give him a high tender requiring much draft compensation (such as a 1st and 3rd round pick) in addition to the huge contract another team could offer him (which we could decide to match anyway). Wallace is a big deal to extend in the near future (I've always been sure to include his name along with the likes to Ike, Woodley, Timmons, and Troy when explaining why people on this board shouldn't be holding their breath when they get all hot-and-bothered about signing other teams' big name free agents), but he's not the biggest immediate priority at this time.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    If he's a restricted free agent after this season, we can give him a high tender requiring much draft compensation (such as a 1st and 3rd round pick) in addition to the huge contract another team could offer him (which we could decide to match anyway). Wallace is a big deal to extend in the near future (I've always been sure to include his name along with the likes to Ike, Woodley, Timmons, and Troy when explaining why people on this board shouldn't be holding their breath when they get all hot-and-bothered about signing other teams' big name free agents), but he's not the biggest immediate priority at this time.

Sorry but I disagree. Woodley, Timmons, even Troy, we have decent to good young players to replace them. As for Wallace, who do we have ? Wallace is protection for our most valuable player in Ben. Like I said, Woodley is Important as well. And Troy is a great Character player who is very popular, even with his rather risky health. But Timmons is replaceable just like Harrison is in my opinion. Sure I would love to keep them all. But the single most important one of the bunch IS Wallace,,,,and it's not even close.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like Mike Wallace. But we can wait on him. We need to figure out the D.

Ben + D = Championships

At the end of the day, Wallace is just a WR. A good one, but these guys are a dime a dozen. And we could be fine with Brown, Sanders, Miller as our primary targets in another year if we had to be.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    I like Mike Wallace. But we can wait on him. We need to figure out the D.

Ben + D = Championships

At the end of the day, Wallace is just a WR. A good one, but these guys are a dime a dozen. And we could be fine with Brown, Sanders, Miller as our primary targets in another year if we had to be.

Wallace is JUST another guy ??? Was Swann ? Or Stalworth JUST another guy ? And Wallace is so far ahead of either of those two,,,as well as Hines, and you say he is JUST another guy ? And to say that Sanders or Brown can replace him and his THREAT and Speed is just as ridiculous of a statement that has ever been spoken. Watch, if, and I do say IF Wallace has a big season this year, and he is NOT Re-signed to a new deal, you can definitely color him gone. Cause no way will the Cheap Rooney's ever pay Wallace what Snyder will offer him. Which I will assume will be a 7 year, 135 Million deal with 60 million guaranteed in a signing bonus. And then you will be ...cause we let him get away.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

But Timmons is replaceable just like Harrison is in my opinion. Sure I would love to keep them all. But the single most important one of the bunch IS Wallace,,,,and it's not even close.
    this is just too funny. somebody just started watching the NFL.

and the "cheap rooneys" are reportedly 10 million over the salary cap.

thanks for the laugh chief.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

Sorry but I disagree. Woodley, Timmons, even Troy, we have decent to good young players to replace them. As for Wallace, who do we have ? Wallace is protection for our most valuable player in Ben. Like I said, Woodley is Important as well. And Troy is a great Character player who is very popular, even with his rather risky health. But Timmons is replaceable just like Harrison is in my opinion. Sure I would love to keep them all. But the single most important one of the bunch IS Wallace,,,,and it's not even close.
    I agree that signing Wallace is a big priority. I'm not sure that he is the current #1 priority but he is up there. My question to you is what good young player do we have to replace Troy? Hell, we don't even have someone who can replace Ryan Clark let alone Troy.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!