Thread: Congrats Tim Thomas

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Congrats Tim Thomas

Dude played out of his mind. I started out hoping Vancouver would win the Cup because of some friends I have from there, but by the end I was hoping Boston would take it just for Thomas. He earned it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Congrats Tim Thomas

I didn't want Boston to win (we certainly don't need to give any more ammo to obnoxious New Englanders after relatively recent title runs by the Celts, Sox, and Pats...although I guess it is somewhat satisfying that Belichick/Brady currently have the longest streak right now without a title among Boston Sports teams...the Cheetahs last won in 2004, with the Sox last title in 2007, Celtics in 2008, and Bruins in 2011).

I also wanted to see the Canadian Olympics streak continue (after Calgary hosted the Olympics, the Flames won the Cup the next NHL season...after Montreal hosted the Olympics, the Canadiens won the Cup the next NHL season..after Vancouver hosted the Olympics, the Canucks came within one game of winning the Cup the next NHL season...oh well).

But in the end, I suppose that I was happy for the Wrecking Ball. He won his 3rd cup 20 years after winning his 1st Cup 20 years ago with the Pens. It was too bad that he wasn't a part of our Stanley Cup winning team two years ago.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Congrats Tim Thomas

I do appreciate that Tim Thomas' playoff beard was equal parts Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Chuck Norris, and Zach Galifianakis. That beard scared the pucks away. The Sedin twins' beards just couldn't compete.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.