Thread: Woodley on Joe Flacco reaching the Super Bowl

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Woodley on Joe Flacco reaching the Super Bowl

Steelers OLB LaMarr Woodley is becoming a man more than willing to share his opinions. He aired a few more regarding his AFC North competition on Thursday night's NFL Total Access on NFL Network and was particularly pointed about Pittsburgh's archrivals.

Asked if Ravens QB Joe Flacco can lead Baltimore to the Super Bowl, Woodley responded:

"No, not at all because they have to go through one team -- that's the Pittsburgh Steelers in that AFC championship. So in order for them to get to the Super Bowl, they have to beat us, and we're not gonna let that happen once we get that close. So that's not gonna happen in this lifetime."

The Flacco-led Ravens have lost in Heinz Field in two of the last three postseasons.

Woodley, a 2009 Pro Bowler with 35 sacks over the past three seasons, also weighed in on the Bengals' outlook without QB Carson Palmer:

"Well, honestly, when they play against us, it really doesn't matter whether he's there or not. But as far as when they play against other teams, I think that missing him is a big piece of their team. … They're missing a lot of guys on that offense. So it's gonna be like starting over from scratch again if Carson don't come back."

As for the other enemy signal caller in the division, Woodley was complimentary of Cleveland's Colt McCoy, saying: "Honestly, I think the guy's gonna be a great quarterback."

One final note, Woodley was hardly the picture of objectivity in ranking his list of the NFL's top 10 linebackers. He included all four Steelers starters and sub Larry Foote at No. 10. Pittsburgh OLB James Harrison came in at No. 1 while Woodley rated himself at No. 4 (behind Patrick Willis and Ray Lewis) and grinned with this self-assessment: "This guy gets after the quarterback week in, week out; he don't let up. He plays hard every play."

[url="http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/06/steelers-olb-lamarr-woodley-joe-flaccos-ravens-wont-go-to-super-bowl-in-this-lifetime/1"]http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... lifetime/1[/url]
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is too funny....Not your average Pro athlete response.

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Woodley on Joe Flacco reaching the Super Bowl

[/quote]As for the other enemy signal caller in the division, Woodley was complimentary of Cleveland's Colt McCoy, saying: "Honestly, I think the guy's gonna be a great quarterback."[/quote]

From time to time I check in on other AFC North team's messageboards and I really don't see too many Browns fans giving Colt McCoy any love when it comes to him being their future franchise QB. Hopefully they run him out of town before he has a chance at reaching his full poential as an NFL QB.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Woodley also commented on the Top 100 and said, "They say it was player voted. I didn't get a chance to vote and I don't know anyone who did."

Knew it was rigged

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

As for the other enemy signal caller in the division, Woodley was complimentary of Cleveland's Colt McCoy, saying: "Honestly, I think the guy's gonna be a great quarterback."[/quote]

From time to time I check in on other AFC North team's messageboards and I really don't see too many Browns fans giving Colt McCoy any love when it comes to him being their future franchise QB. Hopefully they run him out of town before he has a chance at reaching his full poential as an NFL QB.[/quote]

Browns fans cant recognize talent anymore....I'm with you, hoping they run him outta town. The guy is going to be good.

Legend

User Info Menu

I saw him on Total Access as well. He's more of a homer than we are!

It's hilarious that he put Larry Foote in the top 10 in the league over guys like DeMarcus Ware, Terrell Suggs, Bart Scott, Jon Beason, Lance Briggs, Brian Urlacher, Tamba Hali, Cameron Wake, Karlos Dansby, Shaun Phillips, Brian Orakpo, Jerod Mayo, Jonathan Vilma, Elvis Dumervil, etc.

For what it's worth, since half of his top 10 LB'ers were Steelers, here were the non-Steelers who made his list: Patrick Willis, Ray Lewis, Clay Matthews, Brian Cushing, and David Harris.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I saw him on Total Access as well. He's more of a homer than we are!

It's hilarious that he put Larry Foote in the top 10 in the league over guys like DeMarcus Ware, Terrell Suggs, Bart Scott, Jon Beason, Lance Briggs, Brian Urlacher, Tamba Hali, Cameron Wake, Karlos Dansby, Shaun Phillips, Brian Orakpo, Jerod Mayo, Jonathan Vilma, Elvis Dumervil, etc.

For what it's worth, since half of his top 10 LB'ers were Steelers, here were the non-Steelers who made his list: Patrick Willis, Ray Lewis, Clay Matthews, Brian Cushing, and David Harris.

Come on man, Larry Foote is better than Patrick Willis, Ray Lewis, Clay Matthews, Brian Cushing, and David Harris...why would Woodley rank Foote behind those guys?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha