Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Pryor skipping Senior season

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Pryor skipping Senior season

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    No way Pryor goes to an Ohio team. That would be hilarious...

I can't believe the guy said Seneca Wallace... if he is a solid back up Terrell should get a shot at QB.
    Seneca Wallace was a much better college QB than Pryor.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelernation77

I can't believe the guy said Seneca Wallace... if he is a solid back up Terrell should get a shot at QB.
    Seneca Wallace was a much better college QB than Pryor.
    Are you sure about that? I know Iowa State lacked big time talent but 26 touchdowns and 27 interceptions isn't lighting up the Big 12 or whatever it was called back then.

His best play was "The Run" and I've seen Pryor run like that against better competition.

Pryor isn't known for his passing either but I can't see how Wallace was a much better QB.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Backup

User Info Menu

Seneca Wallace single-handily lead ISU to a top 10 ranking. ISU is one of the worst programs in a BCS conference. Wallace was the only good player on that offense. I think Ellis Hobbs was the only other player on those teams to even touch the NFL.

I know the stats heavily favor Pryor, but I watched both of the guys careers closely and I would always take Wallace over Pryor at QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ohio State bans Terrelle Pryor, to the benefit of his pro career
    [url="http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Ohio-State-bans-Terrelle-Pryor-to-the-benefit-o?urn=ncaaf-wp4185"]http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/b ... aaf-wp4185[/url]
    By Graham Watson

If it comes at all, Terrelle Pryor's entry to the NFL's supplemental draft will come at a price.

Ohio State said in a letter to Pryor's attorney Larry James today that the former quarterback has been "completely disassociated" with the program and would not have been reinstated to the team after his five-game suspension.

The school also has banned him from any contact with the athletic program for five years.

The team said the punishment stemmed not only from Pryor trading his memorabilia for tattoos, which is what prompted the NCAA's five-game suspension, but also because Pryor failed to cooperate with the NCAA regarding the investigation.

Pryor's lawyer asked for the letter after NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told FoxSports.com that Pryor didn't meet the criteria to be eligible for the supplemental draft.

"If there are no players eligible for a supplemental draft, there is no supplemental draft," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello wrote in an email to FOXSports.com on Sunday. "It is for players whose circumstances have changed in an unforeseen way after the regular (college) draft. It is not a mechanism for simply bypassing the regular (draft)."

Aiello cited examples of "unforeseen" changes as players who were kicked off their college teams, declared academically ineligible or graduated and then decided to leave school. Pryor doesn't qualify on any of those fronts.

Obviously, with Ohio State's letter, Pryor would likely qualify for the supplemental draft, but is also painted as a villain in the eyes of the university he played with for three seasons. It also shows that Pryor's decision to leave school in June, which seemed voluntary, was ultimately forced by the school. This also explains why Ohio State coach Luke Fickell didn't return Pryor's phone messages in the days leading up to his departure.

This is perhaps an even sadder ending to Pryor's Ohio State career than the one we all believed for the past month. Even Ohio State isn't standing by the image of Pryor being the decent football player who made some mistakes and left the program. Pryor is now portrayed as a guy who willfully ruined his university's reputation and disgraced himself and his association with the game.

He's like the Barry Bonds of college football, only not nearly as successful.

It will be interesting to see how this plays with NFL scouts. Before they might have been able to overlook Pryor selling his memorabilia to make some cash, but now, with the five-year ban from the program, there has to be more to the story. There were four other players suspended for trading memorabilia, but they're all still in school. As far as we know, they'll be eligible after they serve their suspensions and the school won't be banning them from the grounds.

So what did Pryor really do to make Ohio State want to distance itself from him so badly?

We may never know.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Report: Browns will attend Pryor’s workout

Posted by Mike Florio on August 9, 2011

Former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor plans to conduct a Pro Day workout on Friday. One team that plans to attend could possibly keep him in the state of Ohio.

Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the Browns will attend the session. It’s not known which member(s) of the staff will be present.

The news comes amid talk in league circles that some teams will stay away unless and until Pryor is declared eligible for the supplemental draft before Friday. Any team that shows up if Pryor hasn’t been declared eligible could be in violation of league rules, exposing the team to a fine and/or the loss of one or more draft picks.

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/09/report-browns-will-attend-pryors-workout/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-workout/[/url]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Report: Browns will attend Pryor’s workout

Posted by Mike Florio on August 9, 2011

Former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor plans to conduct a Pro Day workout on Friday. One team that plans to attend could possibly keep him in the state of Ohio.

Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the Browns will attend the session. It’s not known which member(s) of the staff will be present.

The news comes amid talk in league circles that some teams will stay away unless and until Pryor is declared eligible for the supplemental draft before Friday. Any team that shows up if Pryor hasn’t been declared eligible could be in violation of league rules, exposing the team to a fine and/or the loss of one or more draft picks.

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/09/report-browns-will-attend-pryors-workout/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-workout/[/url]
    Thems the Browns......

I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"