Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Can Limas Sweed help the Steelers?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Can Limas Sweed help the Steelers?

Hines ddidnt really have a Holmes or Hine in front of him to fight for playing time his 1st 2 years. Would have been interesting to see how much his role would have been expanded last year if he didn't get hurt.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    Hines ddidnt really have a Holmes or Hine in front of him to fight for playing time his 1st 2 years. Would have been interesting to see how much his role would have been expanded last year if he didn't get hurt.
    Of course, immediately after they drafted Hines in the 3rd round in 1998, the team used high first round draft picks on WR's in back-to-back years (Troy Edwards 13th overall in 1999 and Plaxico Burress 8th overall in 2000).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Didn't Sweed also get some Lasik done during the one offseason...and then soon after tear his Achilles? If so, we still haven't seen how he does with that new set of eyes.

And hey...if this guy can turn it around:

then Sweed can too!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock
    Didn't Sweed also get some Lasik done during the one offseason...and then soon after tear his Achilles? If so, we still haven't seen how he does with that new set of eyes.

And hey...if this guy can turn it around:

then Sweed can too!
    Everything I read was that before the Achilles injury Sweed looked very good in OTAs. I agree that if Williams can blossom into a star then Sweed can too. It's up to him.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Limas Sweed = BUST

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He's been mediocre when healthy, chokes in the limelight and has had some sturdy injuries since then. He lets go find Bruce Davis too and see about giving him another chance. Maybe Ricardo Colclough is available too.
    Let the busts go. We were lucky enough to find some good young WRs recently, Sanders and Brown. Focus there.

Legend

User Info Menu

I hate to sound so negative but I have zero faith in Sweed. I just wish the other players who are on the field producing could get the same leash Sweed gets. Timmons is still on a few peoples bust list but Sweed gets eternal love.

I know Sweed having a good season would help us but damn.... We have guys producing who get no love.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    I hate to sound so negative but I have zero faith in Sweed. I just wish the other players who are on the field producing could get the same leash Sweed gets. Timmons is still on a few peoples bust list but Sweed gets eternal love.

I know Sweed having a good season would help us but damn.... We have guys producing who get no love.
    right now, he is a bust.

anything he hopefully winds up giving us is a plus

Legend

User Info Menu

for some reason, Limas just seems to lack the technical skills required to properly catch a football...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Rookie

User Info Menu

He's had to deal with a lot of adversity...some of it his own making....

But, with no WR drafted, Limas will be given every opportunity to make the team and contribute...

What he is able to do with the opportunity will be up to him...

If he can contribute, he becomes a great complement to the WR corps, bringing some different skills and attributes from the others...

If he can't, nobody will notice...the Steelers have made it to 2 SBs with no contribution from him...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.