Thread: Imaginary Steelers News - Taylor Signs Long Term Contract

Hall of Famer

Imaginary Steelers News - Taylor Signs Long Term Contract

AP - With the new CBA agreed upon and signed, the NFL opened for business today. The first major signing was no surprise at all. Ike Taylor will remain a Pittsburgh Steeler after signing a 4 year 36 million dollar contract with 14 million in guaranteed money. When reached for comment Taylor expressed his happiness with the new deal in just one word, "Swaggin'!" Swaggin indeed.

Post Gazette - Back to Work
    The Steelers opened their first minicamp this weekend. 7 on 7 drills were open to the press in the afternoon on Saturday. Crezdon Butler put on a show as he blanketed every receiver he took on. He even showed surprising downfield speed as ran with Mike Wallace on a go route. But, Butler's best plays came when the defensive backs switched to zone. After a nifty deflection by rookie Cortez Allen, Butler put on a show. He jumped two slants and a dig route intercepting passes on 3 consecutive plays. After practice quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had high praise for Butler, "He is an instinctive corner with fantastic hands. We saw it in camp last year. Unfortunately, he had some trouble with the playbook last year and didn't see the field much. But, he is ready now. With those hands, he should be playing receiver. He catches everything. That guy even caught the garter AND the bouquet at my wedding."

Observer Reporter - Keenan Lewis to FS
    Keenan Lewis was drafted as a cornerback two seasons ago. Unfortunately, he has not progressed as a corner. But, Lewis does have good size and athleticism. Mike Tomlin confirmed this morning that Lewis, who has only lined up at FS thus far in the minicamp, will remain there. Lewis will compete with Ryan Mundy and Will Allen for what will likely be two back up safety spots. Tomlin was matter of fact, "It is time for the young man to produce. We believe this is the position that best fits his skill set. He will be given every opportunity to make this team as a safety and to earn a helmet on Sundays."
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Re: Imaginary Steelers News - Taylor Signs Long Term Contrac

You could probably make a lot of money if you'd just sell a little of what you've been smoking.

I'd be thrilled if it played out that way, though...

Legend

I can't imagine Ike playing somewhere else and introducing himself Swaggin for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    I can't imagine Ike playing somewhere else and introducing himself Swaggin for someone else.
    It's more difficult for me to imagine the Steelers paying him "market value".

"Imaginary News?" Really?

The only thing more pathetic than this thread is-
    That I can find no more compelling topic to reply to!!

Please let the lockout END already.

Hall of Famer

Pathetic?

That took me ten minutes.

By the way, a guy posting on a message board during a lockout who lives in Maui is also pathetic. Just sayin'
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    Pathetic?

By the way, a guy posting on a message board during a lockout who lives in Maui is also pathetic. Just sayin'

Capt Lemming no longer lives on the beautiful island of Maui, he has decided to take his talents to the lovely state of Idaho.

I think that's him in the last kayak...

Pathetic?

I admitted the only thing more pathetic than your thread way my reply.

Even worse I'm replying again!

Now you go and spur Hawaiian to remind me that I no longer live in Hawaii.

Now I'm even more depressed.

Last time I was on a Kayak the water was the warm Pacific. Not cold like it came out of the fridge.

Napili, Maui:

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel

Capt Lemming no longer lives on the beautiful island of Maui, he has decided to take his talents to the lovely state of Idaho.

I think that's him in the last kayak...