Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top 100 - where do remaining Steelers land?

Legend

User Info Menu

Top 100 - where do remaining Steelers land?

We are down to the top 60 and I'm bored....so a little exercise here.....

We have pretty much agreed that the last three Pittsburgh Steelers players on the list are Ben, Troy, And Harrison. Pick your order and their place on the list. Not where you would put them but where you think the players put them.

My guess..........

#28 Ben Roethlisberger - I don't think that you can really appreciate Ben unless you watch him every week. He doesn't put up great numbers, but he just somehow gets the job done when needed. Unfortunately not many NFL players are home watching football at 1:00 ET on a Sunday afternoon.

#16 James Harrison - The guy gets as much bad press as good and he doesn't get the exposure of a Demarcus Ware who is half the player he is. He could easily have won his second DPOY this past season. Players who play against him know how great a player he is but that isn't enough. He sould be top 10.

#6 Troy Polamalu - Great player, great person, great hair. Everyone in the league knows exactly who this guy is and his higlight reel plays are plays that they don't see anyone else make. Ed Reed can stay back in center field and collect int's off of tipped balls, but ESPN shows highlights of Troy jumping over the Oline to tackle a QB the moment he takes the snap. Things like that really stand out.

How about you guys?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Top 100 - where do remaining Steelers land?

Ben, a 2x SB winning QB in the prime of his career, at #28 would be a ridiculous ranking, and thus nullify the whole list.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben - #4 (Arguably the best QB right now, but I know Manning, Brady and Rogers get the nod before Ben. With the focus on offense it's hard believing that a defensive player will be in the top 10, but Troy may make it)

Troy - #10 (See above, due to injury he may be in the 20s)
    Harrison - #11 (The best LB in the game right now)

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This is not necessarily my list, but could shake out this way.

Top ten:
    Brady
    Manning

Fitzgerald
    AJohnson
    Cal Johnson

Peterson
    ChrisJohnson

Revis
    Asomugha

Maybe 1 DT/DE and 1 LB (best name, best player or biggest stats, who gets it)

The ones that worry me.
    Woodson - depends on if this is a progressive list.
    Ray Lewis - This douche continues to linger
    Rodgers - I have a bad feeling he sneaks in above Ben.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    Ben, a 2x SB winning QB in the prime of his career, at #28 would be a ridiculous ranking, and thus nullify the whole list.
    That presumes that you believe the list is a credible ranking to begin with.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This whole thing that NFLN is doing is dumb. Everyone goes off on a tangent. This list is supposed to be a list of the BEST PLAYERS FROM 2010. Not the past 4 years, like someone on NFLN was saying, not the whole career of a player, total SB wins, etc. It's only supposed to be the best players from 2010. Period.

So, having Ben somewhere around #30-40 is realistic. He missed the first 4 games!

Troy in the top 10 is realistic, afterall he was voted the Defensive MVP last year. Based on that alone he should be #1 or #2.

And Harrison in the top 15 would be a good guess as well. Starter in the pro bowl. Led the league in fines too. Heck, that alone should get him in the top 10.

Where they wind up, they wind up. yay.

6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    This whole thing that NFLN is doing is dumb. Everyone goes off on a tangent. This list is supposed to be a list of the BEST PLAYERS FROM 2010. Not the past 4 years, like someone on NFLN was saying, not the whole career of a player, total SB wins, etc. It's only supposed to be the best players from 2010. Period.

So, having Ben somewhere around #30-40 is realistic. He missed the first 4 games!
    Actually, it is the best players of 2011. So, it should not factor in things like suspensions and injuries from 2010. At least that is how I figure it.

But then you see a poll of who is going to be the top defensive player and Ray Ray is leading. Why would he even be a possible selection of the current best players?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73

Actually, it is the best players of 2011. So, it should not factor in things like suspensions and injuries from 2010. At least that is how I figure it.

But then you see a poll of who is going to be the top defensive player and Ray Ray is leading. Why would he even be a possible selection of the current best players?
    Because most fans tend to be sheep who simply believe who the talking heads tell them should be good.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben was just voted as the 41st-best player in the NFL...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Saw that, way too low. Whatever, I think Ben likes being underrated. Keep winning games Ben.