Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top 100 - where do remaining Steelers land?

Re: Top 100 - where do remaining Steelers land?

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Ben was just voted as the 41st-best player in the NFL...
    Saw that as well and that takes me back to my original point. To truly appreciate Ben you have to watch him play every week. You have to see the things that he regularly does that no other QB in the game can do. You have to see him constantly under a barrage of pressure yet still be able to run an offense.

And much of this stuff does not make the game highlight package.

Unfortunately, NFL players are too busy on Sunday at 1:00 to watch Ben's magic.

And to those who are under the mistaken belief that players are the best judges because they play against each other and see them in person.....most teams only play each other once every three years.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Ben was just voted as the 41st-best player in the NFL...
    Awesome. Love it. Now Ben will line up under center, look at the players opposite him, think to himself, "these bastages voted me 41st in the league?" and then rip them to shreds. As he celebrates another TD pass, he'll think "41st my @$$!" I love these motivational disses.

Roethlisberger, Polamalu get snubbed

June, 6, 2011
    By James Walker

The hits keep coming against the Pittsburgh Steelers this offseason.

Recently the NFL made new rules to crackdown on big hits, which is commonly known as the "Steelers rule." Now individual players are being snubbed -- and pretty much disrespected -- in various rankings.

This week, two well-respected entities released controversial ratings involving the Steelers. First, the NFL Network, which surveyed more than 400 players, announced that Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was No. 41 on its list of top 100 players.

Roethlisberger has been to three Super Bowls, winning two, and is one of the top quarterbacks in the league. Are there really 40 players better than Roethlisberger right now? I doubt it.

Also, veteran NFL writer Peter King of Sports Illustrated is doing his own player rankings and rated Steelers safety Troy Polamalu No. 50, which is another surprise.

Polamalu is the reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year. How is it possible for 49 players to be better? Polamalu was recently voted the top defensive player in ESPN.com's Power Rankings, and the choice was unanimous.

Both rankings are shocking.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_ ... re-snubbed

Hall of Famer

what ben 41 and troy 50? that is a joke. when i first heard about how the players were picking the list i thought it would be much better. after i saw number 100 which was donovon mcnabb i thought it was stupid. so of the top 100 the gap between mcnabb and ben is 100-41 i'd say the gap between the two qb's is a wee bit larger than that

Pro Bowler

Wow this is a joke.
    Reigning Defensive MVP is 50. I'll roll on the floor if Ray and Reed are top 20.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Troy at 50 is Peter King's own personal list on his MMQB, not the player's vote.