Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
Don't let the hate and jealousy misguide your thought process. While Troy makes millions, his jersey sales top the league and his work generates 10 times what he makes. Teams aren't paying these guys at a loss... if a guy is making 5 mill a year it's because the business is making much more. So it really is him vs big business. Everyone complains about the players salaries but obviously someone or the industry as a whole is making much more.
The same logic should be applied to "billionaire owners" of the NFL or owners of any business. These men have typically taken huge risks throughout their lives to get the resources to own teams. They gambled and took financial or career plunges that others are typically too timid or afraid to take. But many want to classify them in another group because they have more than the players. Just like the players they have worked hard and earned it. But unlike the players they are into the NFL and the prosperity of the game we love for the long term not the short term.

I'll never agree with some who want to characterize this as a labor/worker's rights struggle and want to associate themselves with oppressed player "labor." My only goal is that 10 years from now we have a league that looks like the league we have now and isn't dominated by a few teams with the rest as schedule filler like we see in MLB. I just feel the owners defining the business and setting it up how they want it guarantees that more than the players dictating the outcome.
Or their Daddys or Grandpas took those risks, while the current crop just sat on their behinds and collected the inheritance.
Just like you and the rest of us wish had happened to us.
True... but that doesn't make them hard workers who took big risk. It's just makes them lucky to be swimming in their daddy's nutsack.