Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cortez Allen

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Cortez Allen

welp. Definitely a name a few of us have talked about. I really have only seen him when I spent the week in Orlando for the East-West game. This is definitely a Dan Rooney (the scout) pick as this is his area of the country. Allen is our typical body-type prospect. I will say that he looked like he belonged in Orlando but has raw skills. I was talking with Chad Reuter of CBS sports about him, Chad likened him a little bit to Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie. I was really hoping for Carmichael here (damn Texas). I like the pick but I would say this was not a pick where the Steelers stuck to their board.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Cortez Allen

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    welp. Definitely a name a few of us have talked about. I really have only seen him when I spent the week in Orlando for the East-West game. This is definitely a Dan Rooney (the scout) pick as this is his area of the country. Allen is our typical body-type prospect. I will say that he looked like he belonged in Orlando but has raw skills. I was talking with Chad Reuter of CBS sports about him, Chad likened him a little bit to Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie. I was really hoping for Carmichael here (damn Texas). I like the pick but I would say this was not a pick where the Steelers stuck to their board.
    Who do you think is on the chopping block given 2 more CB's just being drafted?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    I think they move Keenan Lewis to Safety.

Mundy and Maddison probably go.

Legend

User Info Menu

Madison shouldn't be needed, now that we have Curtis Brown. I don't know about Lewis playing safety. Bonehead would likely be Anthony Smith revisited. I think Lewis is gone.

Legend

User Info Menu

madison and gay?

Legend

User Info Menu

Madison, Gay, Lewis, Butler, Mcfadden...pick two

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

I heard Tomlin get interviewed on ESPN and when asked about the Cortez Allen selection Tomlin answered," We were intrigued by his height/weight/speed measurables combination".
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    I heard Tomlin get interviewed on ESPN and when asked about the Cortez Allen selection Tomlin answered," We were intrigued by his height/weight/speed measurables combination".

Well I hope it was more then just that. Otherwise why not draft Robert Sands as well

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

On the chopping block?

Madison, Gay, and Taylor aren't even on the team. They are all UFAs. Perhaps Gay be a RFA depending on the CBA, but MAdison is likely gone as Brown is a capable gunner and has much better coverage skills.

Right now our corners are

Lewis
    Butler
    McFadden
    Corez Allen
    Curtis Brown
    and some camp fodder (Donovan Warren, Tuft Harris, etc.)
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Mundy has shown more than Will Allen at safety (which surprised me).

Hopefully some of these rooks can contribute on special teams immediately, because several of the guy on our roster that played ST almost exclusively could be gone next year (Arnaz Battle, Will Allen, Anthony Madison, Keyaron Fox).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.