Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 Best Highlights In Steelers History

Legend

User Info Menu

5 Best Highlights In Steelers History

[url]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/707091-pittsburgh-steelers-the-5-best-highlights-in-franchise-history-with-video#/articles/707091-pittsburgh-steelers-the-5-best-highlights-in-franchise-history-with-video[/url]

It's five pages so I'm not copying it here. Worth a look.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: 5 Best Highlights In Steelers History

No James Harrison INT return in the SuperBowl.

Any list that doesn't have that at #1 is a bad list. I clicked this link just to rewatch that play and I was bummed when it wasn't there

Still some other great memories. Thanks for finding this.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy

Any list that doesn't have that at #1 is a bad list. I clicked this link just to rewatch that play and I was bummed when it wasn't there

Yeah, I watched the first three highlights (all great plays by Swann, Troy, and El-to-Ward) and then realized that there were only 2 spots left, and we hadn't see the Deebo pick 6, Ben 2 10 , and the Immaculate Reception. Goodell probably ruled that they had to leave off Jimmy Hate's runback, because he's a bad, bad man.

That list simply has to be stretched to 10 at least. In no particular order, I'd add the Silverback INTTD in SBXLIII, the FWP 76 yd TD run in SBXL, the Immaculate Tackle by Ben against Indy, Swann's other catch along the sidelines in which his body is already flying out of bounds but he somehow manages to get his legs in bounds, and maybe the Bus running over Urlacher in the snow. Those are just off the top of my head.

(note: I'm only 35, so if it seems like the list is more tilted toward present-day Steelers as opposed to the 70's dynasty, it was because I wasn't yet in kindergarten when the Steelers were winning in the 70's, so I don't have a personal recollection of a lot of those plays except for highlights that I have seen after the fact).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Any list that doesn't have that at #1 is a bad list.

I would think the Immaculate Reception should still be #1...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What about Ben's shoe string tackle against the Colts?
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

Yeah, I watched the first three highlights (all great plays by Swann, Troy, and El-to-Ward) and then realized that there were only 2 spots left, and we hadn't see the Deebo pick 6, Ben 2 10 , and the Immaculate Reception. Goodell probably ruled that they had to leave off Jimmy Hate's runback, because he's a bad, bad man.

That list simply has to be stretched to 10 at least. In no particular order, I'd add the Silverback INTTD in SBXLIII, the FWP 76 yd TD run in SBXL, the Immaculate Tackle by Ben against Indy, Swann's other catch along the sidelines in which his body is already flying out of bounds but he somehow manages to get his legs in bounds, and maybe the Bus running over Urlacher in the snow. Those are just off the top of my head.

(note: I'm only 35, so if it seems like the list is more tilted toward present-day Steelers as opposed to the 70's dynasty, it was because I wasn't yet in kindergarten when the Steelers were winning in the 70's, so I don't have a personal recollection of a lot of those plays except for highlights that I have seen after the fact).
    Dont forget Lambert flinging Cliff Harris to the ground in SB X.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Also the El TD pass to Ward in the SuperBowl wasn't that big to me cause we'd seen it so many times already. Probably 90% knew we were gonna try that play when we did.

I'd have replaced that one with the FWP TD run. Now that was exciting.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel

Any list that doesn't have that at #1 is a bad list.

I would think the Immaculate Reception should still be #1...
    As a highlight, i would agree with you. But as a play, given the overall context of the game, the Immaculate Interception was bigger because it was equally as exciting and turned the tide of the Super Bowl in a big way.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Ben210

Definitely difficult to narrow this down to 5 highlights. We have more Lombardi's than that!

1. Immaculate reception. I'll just defer to the historians that say this is what turned the tide in Steelers history culminating with 4 SB's. Plus, it's sat in Madden's craw all these years.

2. Immaculate interception. Does it get any better than this? Coast to Coast with time ran out for the longest play in SB history and a much needed 14 pt. swing.

3. Ben 2 10

4. FWP 75 yard scamper. Nice block Big Red!

5. Troy's pick 6 to seal the game against the Rats in the AFCCG.

HM. Antonio Brown's helmet catch to put them to bed again this year. I hate the rats.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    What about Ben's shoe string tackle against the Colts?
    Good call... Here's another big time game changer. In the 1995 AFC championship game, Willie Williams makes a shoestring tackle in the Colts back field against (Warren?) to save the game for Pittsburgh.