Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 Best Highlights In Steelers History

Re: 5 Best Highlights In Steelers History

Quote Originally Posted by Ben210
    Definitely difficult to narrow this down to 5 highlights. We have more Lombardi's than that!
    That about sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by anger 82&95
    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    What about Ben's shoe string tackle against the Colts?
    Good call... Here's another big time game changer. In the 1995 AFC championship game, Willie Williams makes a shoestring tackle in the Colts back field against (Warren?) to save the game for Pittsburgh.
    I remember that play. Williams was supposed to hang back but he mistakenly blitzed. Good thing he did or we wouldn't have gone on to lose that SB. That loss still upsets me.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Quote Originally Posted by anger 82&95
    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    What about Ben's shoe string tackle against the Colts?
    Good call... Here's another big time game changer. In the 1995 AFC championship game, Willie Williams makes a shoestring tackle in the Colts back field against (Warren?) to save the game for Pittsburgh.
    I remember that play. Williams was supposed to hang back but he mistakenly blitzed. Good thing he did or we wouldn't have gone on to lose that SB. That loss still upsets me.
    I went from instant depression to a feeling of hope and elation. I remember the hole in the line being so large that a battleship placed sideways wouldn’t have plugged it, and then came Williams with his best rendition of superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    No James Harrison INT return in the SuperBowl.

Any list that doesn't have that at #1 is a bad list.

I would think the Immaculate Reception should still be #1...
    As a highlight, i would agree with you. But as a play, given the overall context of the game, the Immaculate Interception was bigger because it was equally as exciting and turned the tide of the Super Bowl in a big way.
    Being more the old timer, I've got to take an even larger context... prior to the Immaculate Reception, we were on an oh fer run that makes the current Cleveland Stains look prosperous by comparison - at least they got to a couple AFCC's in the 80's. We had one playoff appearance and zero wins in 40 years. That play didn't just change the momentum of a game, it changed the perception of our franchise. We went from laughingstock of the league to who everybody wanted to be almost overnight, and that play was where it all changed. We could win ten more Super Bowls, and no play will ever be bigger than the one that started it all.