Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Way Too Early 2012 Mock

My Way Too Early 2012 Mock

Lets hope we get a full season in....we have a 32nd pick to make.

http://thenationalfootballreport.com/20 ... ock-draft/

Trade our 1/15 to SF for 1/30, 2/56, 4/129

1/30-Louis Nix-DT-ND
    2/46-Stephon Tuitt-DE-ND
    2/56-Jordan Mathews-WR-Vandy
    3/97-Phillip Gaines-CB-Rice
    4/118-Taylor Hart-DE-Oregon
    4/129-Lache Seastrunk-RB-Baylor
    5/157-Aaron Colvin-DB-Oklahoma
    5/173-Brandon Thomas-OL-Clemson
    6/192-Ka'Deem Carey-RB-Arizona
    6/215-Prince Shembo-OLB_Notre Dame
    7/230-Colt Lyerla-TE-Oregon

Legend

Re: My Way Too Early 2012 Mock

I'll start reading your posts if you start posting content instead of links

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    You should be making this site part of your daily routine anyway Flippy!!!

1/30-Louis Nix-DT-ND
    2/46-Stephon Tuitt-DE-ND

I won't debate you over prospect rankings yet, but would you really put WR as a higher priority for the Steelers than CB or NT?

If the value is there for either of those two positions, I don't think we can pass it up. A 1st round NT could start almost immediately, or at least rotate in, replacing Hoke. If we stick with the 3-4 we'll need an elite NT who can rush the passer a little as well, to prevent the no-huddle, and possibly stay on the field on 3rd downs.

As for CB, how badly do we need another starter opposite Ike? Very badly. Much more so than another WR, IMO. A first round corner would go a long ways in competing against the Pats, Colts, Saints, Packers, and even the AFC North, which is quickly adding a number of elite WR's to their rosters.

I'm not saying we don't need a solid WR to replace Hines, but it would seem that a physical "good hands" guy could be had in the 3rd round (definitely the 2nd). Again, how many touches will a WR see on a team with Wallace, Sanders, Brown, Miller, and Mendy out of the back field? We have to look at return on investment, at least to some degree. I think a 1st round WR is a luxury at this point. Not a need.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledSteeler
    I won't debate you over prospect rankings yet, but would you really put WR as a higher priority for the Steelers than CB or NT?

If the value is there for either of those two positions, I don't think we can pass it up. A 1st round NT could start almost immediately, or at least rotate in, replacing Hoke. If we stick with the 3-4 we'll need an elite NT who can rush the passer a little as well, to prevent the no-huddle, and possibly stay on the field on 3rd downs.

As for CB, how badly do we need another starter opposite Ike? Very badly. Much more so than another WR, IMO. A first round corner would go a long ways in competing against the Pats, Colts, Saints, Packers, and even the AFC North, which is quickly adding a number of elite WR's to their rosters.

I'm not saying we don't need a solid WR to replace Hines, but it would seem that a physical "good hands" guy could be had in the 3rd round (definitely the 2nd). Again, how many touches will a WR see on a team with Wallace, Sanders, Brown, Miller, and Mendy out of the back field? We have to look at return on investment, at least to some degree. I think a 1st round WR is a luxury at this point. Not a need.
    I personally would not....no. I also would not put a DE as our #1 need this year. As we all know Kevin Colbert doesn't draft for need...it's best player on the board. And like I said this is "way too early". Just a spark for discussion and some names to watch.

1/30-Louis Nix-DT-ND
    2/46-Stephon Tuitt-DE-ND

Hall of Famer

If the donks end up taking the #1 pick, I could definitely see them trading back 2 spots and taking Blackmon. You guys have no faith in Tebow. They won't give up on him. I will laugh really really hard if Carolina drafts #1, which I personally think they will. If i'm running the show there, I take AJ Greene this year and Luck next year. They're going to be terrible.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    If the donks end up taking the #1 pick, I could definitely see them trading back 2 spots and taking Blackmon. You guys have no faith in Tebow. They won't give up on him. I will laugh really really hard if Carolina drafts #1, which I personally think they will. If i'm running the show there, I take AJ Greene this year and Luck next year. They're going to be terrible.

can they take a chance on letting Luck go?

he's graded our higher then anyone since Elway came out.

plus, the standford connection

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis

can they take a chance on letting Luck go?

he's graded our higher then anyone since Elway came out.

plus, the standford connection

if the Broncos select #1 overall then Andrew Luck will be their choice. the Stanford connection is just way too strong and Tim Tebow just isn't that good.

Hall of Famer

Fuller is a good player, but what happened to him at the end of last season. He disappeared? Was he hurt?

Also, I think the 2012 draft is really deep at large playmaking WR (especially if certain JRs declare). There may be good value there at the end of the 2nd and 3rd. The CB class looks like one the best in recent years too. I can't wait to watch some college football (at least that won't be cancelled).

Largo, when you have a list of the top 300 or so draft eligible players of 2012, could you post it or send it to me. I like to keep notes in an excel file while I watch college football. I'm just building mine now for 2012.

Thanks,
    steelblood
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    You should be making this site part of your daily routine anyway Flippy!!!
    I actually do. I'm just playing around being a goofball as usual