62 Keith Williams
    35 Baron Batch
    Woman: "Sir, what have you given us?"
    Benjamin Franklin: "A Republic, madam, if you can keep it."

[youtube:razli5ow]KFXuGIpsdE0[/youtube:razli5ow]

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Rookie numbers

It's about time the ol' 95 sticks...several have tried and failed (or changed the number) following Greg Lloyd's retirement. I'm sure Cam wanted his old college 97, but Jason Worild already got it...

Hopefully Gilbert will be able to become another John Jackson while wearing his 65.

Curtis Brown with 40...hmmm...typically safeties have numbers in the 40's...CB's more often in the 20's or 30's...I think he may switch when the roster gets cut down and Anthony Madison or Will Allen or whoever get cut.

Cortez Allen with Fast Willie's number (and Darren Perry's number as well). Hopefully he can combine the best attributes of the two (Parker's speed and Perry's headiness in the secondary).

Chris Carter 54...solid linebacker number. No problem there.

Keith Williams 62...yeah, 62 is a guard's number. Moving on...

Baron Batch 35...Dan Kreider's old FB number on a shifty 3rd down back? Sure, why not...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    It's about time the ol' 95 sticks...several have tried and failed (or changed the number) following Greg Lloyd's retirement. I'm sure Cam wanted his old college 97, but Jason Worild already got it...

Hopefully Gilbert will be able to become another John Jackson while wearing his 65.

Curtis Brown with 40...hmmm...typically safeties have numbers in the 40's...CB's more often in the 20's or 30's...I think he may switch when the roster gets cut down and Anthony Madison or Will Allen or whoever get cut.

Cortez Allen with Fast Willie's number (and Darren Perry's number as well). Hopefully he can combine the best attributes of the two (Parker's speed and Perry's headiness in the secondary).

Baron Batch 35...Dan Kreider's old FB number on a shifty 3rd down back? Sure, why not...
    I most want the following numbers become available after the final cuts:

10 (Dixon)
    57 (Fox)
    66 (Hills)
    85 (D Johnson)
    23 (Lewis)
    37 (Madison)
    21 (Moore)
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

I most want the following numbers become available after the final cuts:

10 (Dixon)
    57 (Fox)
    66 (Hills)
    85 (D Johnson)
    23 (Lewis)
    37 (Madison)
    21 (Moore)

Cortez Allen seems like a natural '23' to me. And Curtis brown should be an even number....28 or 22 if Butler or Gay aren't back next year would work well.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't give a rip what number they wear. I would like to see some of them get on the field, and help the Steelers win ball games.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    I don't give a rip what number they wear. I would like to see some of them get on the field, and help the Steelers win ball games.
    Then focus on Gilbert and Batch because the defensive players won't get a chance.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    Then focus on Gilbert and Batch because the defensive players won't get a chance.
    Your stance regarding rookie players contributing on defense is unclear. Could you please clarify it? Again and again, in multiple threads please. Thanks in advance.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.