Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Should have traded all our picks.

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Should have traded all our picks.

Thats putting a ton of pressure on those 1st 2 picks. No More Bustamalo - That means that Sweed's and the Troy Edwards like picks would set us back the Bengals (who are essentially a crap shooping team with it comes to the draft.) No More Ike Taylors and Kiesels..

This also means you are praying you suck every dang on year so you can have your run of the mill in the draft.. Thats what suck teams do. If you're successful then you can compete at a high/championship level with these so called "Journeymen" players.

Think about how many of these guys we have had on our roster throughout the years.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Should have traded all our picks.

Let me put another spin on this.

I think our 3-7th round picks will have a rough go since we have a shortened camp (similar to a holdout), this tends to hamper rookies not only in their draft year, but in the future.

We could have pushed the picks back a year and with some fancy trades, could have combined a few of them and moved up a few slots next year. Next years crop will have a full camp to get acclimated to the game a bit.
    I'm not advocating we do this every year, but it made sense to do it this year. Not maybe ALL our picks like my crazy subject line indicates. But a few, maybe even 3-4 of them.

I think we are going veteran laden group due to lack of camp time, so some of these rookies will rot for a year and then vanish.
    We'll see. But outside of the top 2 picks this year, few others will get ample PT to learn the ropes.