User Info Menu

Re: UDFA

they're still gonna need camp bodies.

dont see how there wont be UDFA signings once the lockout ends

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    who do we bring in after the lockout ends?
    Whoever the UFL hasn't snatched up already. I'm sure those teams are on the phone with the top undrafted prospects as we speak, offering up contracts that the NFL is unable to negotiate due to labor unrest.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Terrence Tolliver

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Rookie

User Info Menu

Ian Williams - NT, Notre Dame

He tore his MCL, but recovered to work out at the combine and also at Notre Dames Pro Day...

He was projected as a 3rd to 5th round pick in every draft publication that I read...he looks like he could be a good 2 down NT and would be well worth a UDFA contract...at best, he could be a lot like Hoke: a quality back-up who can start in a pinch...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Starter

User Info Menu

I feel sorry for these guys who were not drafted. Alot of them are barely, if at all getting by. And usually when the draft is over, the teams who want them usually sign them right away. Meanning they have a nice chunk of cash to get a nice apartment in the city of the team that signs them, and have full use of the teams facility to work out and talk with coaches. That's very Important to ANY rookie, even drafted ones as well. But unlike the drafted rookies, who can probably get a standard loan from any bank based on the fact that they were drafted players, and will have future guaranteed money as colateral,,,undrafted rookies probably can't get such a loan So I expect alot of these kids to either sign with their local teams from the city they come from, or as close as they come from. And the rest will have to get jobs, thereby not having the prep time to stay in good shape, or start learning a teams playbook.

But with that said, I would say I would like it if undrafted T David Mims is brought in.
    Maybe even Ex-Gilbert and Pouncey teammate Carl Johnson. WR's, well yeah, we didn't draft any. But I was obviously high on Terrance Toliver and Darvin Adams. Ricardo Lockette would be nice. We drafted Batch, but Derrick Locke might be nice to sign. And Kendric Burney of UNC would be good. And I think we can ALL agree that Marshall LB Mario Harvey will be a LOCK..once the lockout is over Those guys would be A-OK with me.

Legend

User Info Menu

we all want the best UDFAs out there that are still available, but there will be bidding wars for them and that's not the Steelers' style...

I expect some of the UDFAs that we brought in for visits to sign with us once the lockout ends, the likes of:

Jarriel King, OT, South Carolina, 6'5 324 lbs, 7-FA, 4/1
    Mario Harvey, LB, Marshall 5'11 250 lbs 5 4/13
    Weslye Saunders,TE, South Carolina, 6-7 4/20
    Davon Morgan, S, Virginia Tech, FA 4/20
    Tyler Beiler, WR, Bridgewater, FA
    Dwight Daisher, QB/WR, Middle Tennessee, FA
    Anthony Gray, NT, Southern Miss 5'11 330 lbs 7-FA
    Henry Hynoski, FB, Pittsburgh, 6'0 257 lbs 5-6
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Some guys I like:

QB
    Pat Devlin

RB
    Noel Devine