Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cortez Allen

Legend

Re: Cortez Allen

I was impressed by Mundy's play last year. I like Clark's hitting capabilities but that is against NFL rules and Clark has injured our players with the his launching abilities.

No one is going to give Gay a deal so he will be back. Ike is the unknown. Once we find out where he is going it will all fall into place.

I still think Ike is gone.

Hall of Famer

I think Gay's future hinges on what happens with Taylor ultimately. If he is retained when the new CBA is in place, depending on the accrued season needed for UFA, he might not be under a tender. Even if he returns on a tender, if the young CBs show something he might be a numbers release. Ike is a priority so if he is retained you have to assume that Brown & Allen would be on the 53 this year. So That doesn't leave much space for anyone else because I highly doubt the don't keep McFadden at least this year. So there you have 4. Don't forget about Lewis & Butler. There could be room if the view Lewis & Gay as better roster fits because they can play CB & FS. Tough to call. I think the thing that is clear is...I wouldn't want to be a CB going into your 3rd year or older on this team sitting at #2 on back because everyone just pulled even with you.
    1st (T-D) Kelvin Benjamin WR
    2nd Bradley Roby CB
    3a Kareem Martin DE
    3b C.J. Fiedorowicz TE
    4th Christian Jones LB
    5a Dri Archer RB
    5b Kevin Pierre-Louis LB
    6a Beau Allen NT
    6b Shaquille Richardson CB
    7th John Brown WR

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    I think Gay's future hinges on what happens with Taylor ultimately. If he is retained when the new CBA is in place, depending on the accrued season needed for UFA, he might not be under a tender. Even if he returns on a tender, if the young CBs show something he might be a numbers release. Ike is a priority so if he is retained you have to assume that Brown & Allen would be on the 53 this year. So That doesn't leave much space for anyone else because I highly doubt the don't keep McFadden at least this year. So there you have 4. Don't forget about Lewis & Butler. There could be room if the view Lewis & Gay as better roster fits because they can play CB & FS. Tough to call. I think the thing that is clear is...I wouldn't want to be a CB going into your 3rd year or older on this team sitting at #2 on back because everyone just pulled even with you.
    If IKe leaves then Gay's value to the Steelers increases alot. If Ike stays Gay will likely go.

I agree that Brown and Allen are locks for the roster which means that we need to have a net decrease of two at a minimum. Anthony Madison has to be one of them because he is useless and I pretty much have already forgotten about Lewis. He blew his chance last year to be a difference maker.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

2014 Draft

1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    If IKe leaves then Gay's value to the Steelers increases alot. If Ike stays Gay will likely go.

I agree that Brown and Allen are locks for the roster which means that we need to have a net decrease of two at a minimum. Anthony Madison has to be one of them because he is useless and I pretty much have already forgotten about Lewis. He blew his chance last year to be a difference maker.
    Been "just reading" and away for awhile... shall return with this. I think Keenan Lewis ends up on the outside looking in. He reminds of a guy we had here in Tallahassee a few years back - Chris Rix. Just an amazing physical talent at QB, terribly impressive to the coaching staff, all "yes, sirs" and "how can I do this better" - until game time. As soon as he stepped on the field, everything he learned was out the window, and he was playing streetball. Sometimes it worked - 2 victories over the Gators, piles of points in many ball games. Just as often it didn't, and a program that won 10 games a season by birthright began a decade long decline. I think Lewis looked good at the combine and in pre - draft season, but the fact that he isn't seeing the field despite the universally admitted thinness of the position speaks volumes about the coaching staff's level of confidence in him, and I think they'll cut bait and move on quickly here. Too many guys behind him who could develop given the time and attention he'd be taking up.

Difference between him and Chris Rix is that the Steeler FO already showed the wisdom to admit it's mistake by drafting two new corners... FSU spent four years with nobody better than Rix around. It got so bad that they moved Anquan Boldin from WR to start a Sugar Bowl. Hopefully the new guys turn out better than Lewis has.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    Quote Originally Posted by jj28west
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Our D is based on pressure not on lock down CB play, it would be nice to have it but pressuring the QB into a mistake or bad throw is more important to us.
    And there it is..."pressure" . The DB's are what they are but they did not play horrible IMO in the SB. A lot of others will look back and say they were exposed. I think they played there rolls adequately in the scheme. Maybe Lamaar & James were hurt but they did not get in Aarons head and blitzes were fairly neutralized.

We all knew what was coming so Tomlin and company were not surprised by people getting open in the underbelly of the defense. Instead we see an injured Troy look out of place or Farrior trailing and say he is too slow when really its the pressure that failed IMO.

there were times the full blitz was on. and when it was, the receivers were open immediately. unless they get to the QB as its snapped, they'll usually be an open receiver with our secondary
    look at the 3rd and 10 that had clark go play nelson while mcfadden creeped up to the end of the LOS to come in on a corner blitz.

same type of thing happned with gay on nelson when gay tried to deflect the ball and jordy dropped what would have been a TD

ryan clark on any receiver 1 on 1 is a mismatch for the offense
    It really makes you appreciate what the Gmen did to the Pats in the SB. I dont think their corners were all world. Just pressure from the front four with that fire zone blitz.

I am now trying to think when was the last quality defensive performace the Steelers had against a top tier QB. Then again that is why this QB's are noted as elite.