Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cortez Allen

Cortez Allen

welp. Definitely a name a few of us have talked about. I really have only seen him when I spent the week in Orlando for the East-West game. This is definitely a Dan Rooney (the scout) pick as this is his area of the country. Allen is our typical body-type prospect. I will say that he looked like he belonged in Orlando but has raw skills. I was talking with Chad Reuter of CBS sports about him, Chad likened him a little bit to Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie. I was really hoping for Carmichael here (damn Texas). I like the pick but I would say this was not a pick where the Steelers stuck to their board.
    Trade our 1/15 to SF for 1/30, 2/56, 4/129

1/30-Louis Nix-DT-ND
    2/46-Stephon Tuitt-DE-ND
    2/56-Jordan Mathews-WR-Vandy
    3/97-Phillip Gaines-CB-Rice
    4/118-Taylor Hart-DE-Oregon
    4/129-Lache Seastrunk-RB-Baylor
    5/157-Aaron Colvin-DB-Oklahoma
    5/173-Brandon Thomas-OL-Clemson
    6/192-Ka'Deem Carey-RB-Arizona
    6/215-Prince Shembo-OLB_Notre Dame
    7/230-Colt Lyerla-TE-Oregon

Legend

Re: Cortez Allen

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    welp. Definitely a name a few of us have talked about. I really have only seen him when I spent the week in Orlando for the East-West game. This is definitely a Dan Rooney (the scout) pick as this is his area of the country. Allen is our typical body-type prospect. I will say that he looked like he belonged in Orlando but has raw skills. I was talking with Chad Reuter of CBS sports about him, Chad likened him a little bit to Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie. I was really hoping for Carmichael here (damn Texas). I like the pick but I would say this was not a pick where the Steelers stuck to their board.
    Who do you think is on the chopping block given 2 more CB's just being drafted?

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    I think they move Keenan Lewis to Safety.

Mundy and Maddison probably go.
    Trade our 1/15 to SF for 1/30, 2/56, 4/129

1/30-Louis Nix-DT-ND
    2/46-Stephon Tuitt-DE-ND
    2/56-Jordan Mathews-WR-Vandy
    3/97-Phillip Gaines-CB-Rice
    4/118-Taylor Hart-DE-Oregon
    4/129-Lache Seastrunk-RB-Baylor
    5/157-Aaron Colvin-DB-Oklahoma
    5/173-Brandon Thomas-OL-Clemson
    6/192-Ka'Deem Carey-RB-Arizona
    6/215-Prince Shembo-OLB_Notre Dame
    7/230-Colt Lyerla-TE-Oregon

Madison shouldn't be needed, now that we have Curtis Brown. I don't know about Lewis playing safety. Bonehead would likely be Anthony Smith revisited. I think Lewis is gone.

Hall of Famer

madison and gay?

Madison, Gay, Lewis, Butler, Mcfadden...pick two

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

I heard Tomlin get interviewed on ESPN and when asked about the Cortez Allen selection Tomlin answered," We were intrigued by his height/weight/speed measurables combination".

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    I heard Tomlin get interviewed on ESPN and when asked about the Cortez Allen selection Tomlin answered," We were intrigued by his height/weight/speed measurables combination".

Well I hope it was more then just that. Otherwise why not draft Robert Sands as well

Hall of Famer

On the chopping block?

Madison, Gay, and Taylor aren't even on the team. They are all UFAs. Perhaps Gay be a RFA depending on the CBA, but MAdison is likely gone as Brown is a capable gunner and has much better coverage skills.

Right now our corners are

Lewis
    Butler
    McFadden
    Corez Allen
    Curtis Brown
    and some camp fodder (Donovan Warren, Tuft Harris, etc.)
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

I think Mundy has shown more than Will Allen at safety (which surprised me).

Hopefully some of these rooks can contribute on special teams immediately, because several of the guy on our roster that played ST almost exclusively could be gone next year (Arnaz Battle, Will Allen, Anthony Madison, Keyaron Fox).