Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We need another DB in the 4th I think

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We need another DB in the 4th I think

with A.J. Green, Torrey Smith and Greg Little coming to our division I think we need another DB asap.

There are still plenty of good prospects left. Here is hoping to see Rock Carmichael or Chris L. Rucker make it to us at the bottom of round 4.

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: We need another DB in the 4th I think

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    with A.J. Green, Torrey Smith and Greg Little coming to our division I think we need another DB asap.

There are still plenty of good prospects left. Here is hoping to see Rock Carmichael or Chris L. Rucker make it to us at the bottom of round 4.

Why, does Greg Little need defending while he sits on the Bench Cause no way will he see the field. Not with him missing a complete season, and having marginal WR skills.

Starter

User Info Menu

I would love Carmichael at 4.31

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledSteeler
    I would love Carmichael at 4.31

me too. with all of the free agent uncertainty at CB and also having watched us play in the Super Bowl I am not opposed to adding help in the secondary.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quinton Carter- Oklahoma...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman

I like Carter, I do. But if given a choice of a FS,,this guy was the leader of a Boise State defense for 4 years....

Jeron Johnson
    SI Grade
    Grading System
    Position: S
    Class: 5Sr
    School: Boise State
    Conference: Western Athletic
    HT: 5-10.5
    WT: 212
    40 Time: 4.48
    Biography: Four-year starter awarded all-Conference honors since his sophomore campaign. Totals last year included 82 tackles with one interception and six passes broken up. Junior totals included 91 tackles after he put up a career-best 98 the prior year. Led Boise State in tackles in each of the last three seasons.

Positives: "Well-rounded defensive back who is one of the more underrated safeties in this year's draft. Displays good instincts and consistently positions himself to make plays on the ball. Stays with assignments, works well with cornerbacks, and does not get beat deep. Plays with suddenness, has an aggressive style and goes after ball carriers. Can get outside the numbers and shows a nice move to passes. Gets vertical to defend or intercept the pass. Explodes up the field and quickly gets out to the flanks."

Negatives: Inefficient and takes unnecessary steps to the action. Lacks classic safety speed.

Analysis: Johnson has been a very productive player at Boise State the past four years and consistently makes plays against the run and pass. He offers potential in a variety of systems and has also been a terrific special teams player. Expect Johnson to eventually develop into a starter at the next level.

Projection: 3rd

A real Ball Hawk and has great natural Instincts.

Legend

User Info Menu

We still need secondary help. We did nothing to fill our need for a legit #2 CB and we still may lose our #1. We could end up with the worst secondary in the AFC North...only Troy saves us.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    We still need secondary help. We did nothing to fill our need for a legit #2 CB and we still may lose our #1. We could end up with the worst secondary in the AFC North...only Troy saves us.
    I agree. But, I think we have already earmarked money for a FA corner. We'll get at least one FA corner with solid starting experience (I hope).
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Doubt Ike goes anywhere.

McFadden was an upgrade at CB until he got HURT & then struggled throughout the year with a hip injury.

The Steelers struggled against the pass when they were SPREAD OUT- which means tyhe 3rd & 4th CB's were on the field. Brown is an upgrade there.

Steelers got better.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    I have watched Carter play every single college game of his career. He is a great kid but not a great football player. Absolutely NO!!!