Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marcus Gilbert UGH

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Marcus Gilbert UGH

I will do I write up of Gilbert based off my notes. I know it won't be a great one though. He is a a RTO or a RG. Really struggles with speed and is sloppy and lazy with technique. Very inconsistent. Catch blocker and doesn't take the action to the defender.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Marcus Gilbert UGH

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    I will do I write up of Gilbert based off my notes. I know it won't be a great one though. He is a a RTO or a RG. Really struggles with speed and is sloppy and lazy with technique. Very inconsistent. Catch blocker and doesn't take the action to the defender.
    That's why they hired Sean Kugler...

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Marcus Gilbert and Maurkice Pouncey are close friends, that alone will keep Gilbert motivated.

Gilbert may be a RT only, but that's what we need with Flo playing probably one more season and Colon's status uncertain.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't mind that we took him, I just don't like where we took him. To me, he is a 4th round tackle. But, I hope that he is better than I have observed.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    I don't mind that we took him, I just don't like where we took him. To me, he is a 4th round tackle. But, I hope that he is better than I have observed.

Mike Mayock is on record as saying Marcus Gilbert is a second rounder...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I find it impossible to believe that the Steelers scouting department and coaching staff graded this guy incorrectly by a minimum of 34 spots (2.63 to 4.97). I have to believe Gilbert is closer to a 2nd round pick than a 4th round pick.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wexell on Gilbert....I agree

9:40 p.m.: I wish I didn't have to be so negative, and there's always the very, very, most excellent chance that I'm wrong, but I don't like the Steelers' second-round pick Marcus Gilbert.

I watched Florida closely the last two years because of the Pouncey twins, and this past season it was a struggle to watch because of the rest of the Florida line. Gilbert was one of the reasons, as he was beaten too often for my taste at LT. He was moved to RT by the end of the season, but by then I had stopped watching. Perhaps he was better on the right side. Hopefully he was.

OL Coach Sean Kugler isn't sure where the 6-6.1, 330-pounder will play. He mentioned that he likes the way Gilbert pulls, and that he could end up at guard, but that "his position will come out."

Gilbert is the son of a Secret Service agent who guarded the last three presidents. The hope here is that Marcus develops better and more quickly than Tony Hills has, but count me among those on the negative side right now

Legend

User Info Menu

9:40 p.m.: I wish I didn't have to be so negative, and there's always the very, very, most excellent chance that I'm wrong, but I don't like the Steelers' second-round pick Marcus Gilbert.

I watched Florida closely the last two years because of the Pouncey twins, and this past season it was a struggle to watch because of the rest of the Florida line. Gilbert was one of the reasons, as he was beaten too often for my taste at LT. He was moved to RT by the end of the season, but by then I had stopped watching. Perhaps he was better on the right side. Hopefully he was.

OL Coach Sean Kugler isn't sure where the 6-6.1, 330-pounder will play. He mentioned that he likes the way Gilbert pulls, and that he could end up at guard, but that "his position will come out."

Gilbert is the son of a Secret Service agent who guarded the last three presidents. The hope here is that Marcus develops better and more quickly than Tony Hills has, but count me among those on the negative side right now

Gilbert's best position will either be at RT or at RG, both positions of need for the Steelers.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel

Gilbert's best position will either be at RT or at RG, both positions of need for the Steelers.
    I totally agree!! I even have in my notes that he looks much more comfortable on the Right side. Just think he could have gone at least a round later though, if not two. This reminds me of the Essex draft pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Once again, Colbert shows a penchant for second-pick mediocrity.