Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do not take Aaron Williams…..

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Do not take Aaron Williams…..

…over Ras-I Dowling. Dowling when healthy is a top 15 pick. He is faster than Williams, more physical, has better ball skills, and is by far a better man in coverage than Williams. And he also has played in a 3-4 defense.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Do not take Aaron Williams…..

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    …over Ras-I Dowling. Dowling when healthy is a top 15 pick. He is faster than Williams, more physical, has better ball skills, and is by far a better man in coverage than Williams. And he also has played in a 3-4 defense.
    "when healthy?"

When exactly will that be????
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    "when healthy?"

One season of being hurt does not make you injury prone. And in case you forgot this is football. A physical, violent game. It happens. Troy Polamalu has been hurt more than Dowling.

Starter

User Info Menu

[quote=Dee Dub]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dee Dub":1gnirqlv
    "when healthy?"

One season of being hurt does not make you injury prone. And in case you forgot this is football. A physical, violent game. It happens. Troy Polamalu has been hurt more than Dowling. [/quote:1gnirqlv]

Actually Dowling has a History of injuries. Going back to his High School days. He's just played through alot of them. But this last season was far from his only injured season. Oh and BTW, Texas plays ALOT of 3-Man defensive fronts, with 5 CB's in the game. They do this about 85 % of the entire game. Don't know what Texas Defense you been watching.

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=insanesteelersfan]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dee Dub":3lkjlndi
    "when healthy?"

One season of being hurt does not make you injury prone. And in case you forgot this is football. A physical, violent game. It happens. Troy Polamalu has been hurt more than Dowling.

Actually Dowling has a History of injuries. Going back to his High School days. He's just played through alot of them. But this last season was far from his only injured season. Oh and BTW, Texas plays ALOT of 3-Man defensive fronts, with 5 CB's in the game. They do this about 85 % of the entire game. Don't know what Texas Defense you been watching.[/quote:3lkjlndi]

And when they played this nickel D, more often than not Aaron Williams would be playing the slot receiver while Curtis and Chykie Brown manned the outside guys. That wouldn't be my first choice for a starting outside CB in the pros. If Colbert and Tomlin deem Williams worthy, then I'll fall in line, but from what I've seen, I'm not overly enamoured with Williams at this point.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I am pretty sure Steelers would have done a thorough analysis between Aaron Williams, Ras-I-Dowling and Rahim Moore (Carnell lake connection there)

As long as Steelers draft a speedy, ball hawk i will be happy with the pick.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel
    But Williams is none of these.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=insanesteelersfan]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dee Dub":2zilu1pg
    "when healthy?"

Actually Dowling has a History of injuries. Going back to his High School days. He's just played through alot of them. But this last season was far from his only injured season. Oh and BTW, Texas plays ALOT of 3-Man defensive fronts, with 5 CB's in the game. They do this about 85 % of the entire game. Don't know what Texas Defense you been watching.[/quote:2zilu1pg]

Hogwash. Say whatever you want but in his first three seasons Dowling played in all 35 of Virginia’s game. High school? Are you serious? Who cares what he did in high school. You are grasping for straws..and your straw is not even average in coverage. You are comparing a future NFL corner to a future NFL free safety.

Starter

User Info Menu

Who's faster, and the better Athlete ? Rahim Moore, or Aaron Williams ? Yeah, I thought so Aaron has it ALL over Moore as a Athlete, football player and ST player which Moore has NEVER done at UCLA.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by insanesteelersfan

Who's faster, and the better Athlete ? Rahim Moore, or Aaron Williams ? Yeah, I thought so Aaron has it ALL over Moore as a Athlete, football player and ST player which Moore has NEVER done at UCLA.
    I disagree. Moore in my opinion is a better athlete and a better football player than Williams.