Thread: DRAFT DAY NEWS.... ETC.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

DRAFT DAY NEWS.... ETC.

I have the luxury of being off work today and already have NFL Network on, so I'm getting some info on the draft.....

It was just reported that the Steelers will try to move up aggresively into the teens IF Mike Pouncey is NOT taken by Maimi at 15........Interesting.....

Other news- Teams are thinking the league might be going off of 2010 rules and now there are some teams in the top 5 trying to move out and some like the Falcons trying to move up.......

As I hear it, I'll put it on here....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: DRAFT DAY NEWS.... ETC.

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    I have the luxury of being off work today and already have NFL Network on, so I'm getting some info on the draft.....

It was just reported that the Steelers will try to move up aggresively into the teens IF Mike Pouncey is NOT taken by Maimi at 15........Interesting.....

Other news- Teams are thinking the league might be going off of 2010 rules and now there are some teams in the top 5 trying to move out and some like the Falcons trying to move up.......

That;s old news my friend. And it's also Bogus news. Already flat out denied by both Colbert and Tomlin. That report was from Jason La Confora, and it was just " speculation "
    from him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Cool.

I hope you are right.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by insanesteelersfan

That;s old news my friend. And it's also Bogus news. Already flat out denied by both Colbert and Tomlin. That report was from Jason La Confora, and it was just " speculation "
    from him.

Maybe it is maybe it isn't nobody tells the truth leading up to the draft for a variety of reasons.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

The majority of teams after Miami need tackles more than guards based on mock drafts and other sources of info. If Mike slips past Miami without getting taken the Steelers probably won't move up, he may fall far enough to only have to move a few spots to get him or he may slide to 1.31 (doubtful with all the hype, but possible).

I'm not sure if other teams would alter their draft for Pouncey. Is he really worth altering your draft over?

Pappy

Trade 20 & 119 to Tampa for 26/57

1.26 - Graham Barton, OC/G, Duke
    2.51 - Xavier Leggette, WR, South Carolina
    2.57 - Braden Fiske, DT, FSU
    3.84 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    3.98 - T'Vondre Sweat, DT, Texas
    7.178 - Joe Milton III, QB, Tennessee
    7.195 - Omar Speights, LB, LSU

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Let's hope the whole "trade-up" thing is bogus. We got an O-line guy in the first last year. Let's give Ben a weapon or, better yet, a tool for LeBeau!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by insanesteelersfan

from him.
    You have Tomlin & Colbert denying it? Jason La Confora has a league source and Ed Bouchette gave his opinion. I haven't heard Tomlin & Colbert deny it but if you have something I would appreciate the link.