Thread: Meet: Leslie Michael Jasper

Starter

User Info Menu

Meet: Leslie Michael Jasper

Jesus! Are you kidding me. Take a look at this guy. I mean what would be the risk of taking a 7th round flier on him ? Talk about Size! He makes Haloyi Ngata look like Angelina Jolie

[url="http://www.lesliemikejaspernfl.com/"]http://www.lesliemikejaspernfl.com/[/url]

I mean if this guy restructured his body, and dropped from 395 Lbs to 375 Lbs, he would be like a 5.2 forty guy. Faster then Ngata was when he came out. But with 40 more pounds.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Meet: Leslie Michael Jasper

He is interesting.

My concerns.

1. He has arms like a rocked up t-rex. Man, those things look short.

2. He spent two years transferring from one nothing college to another. Why? Wouldn't Div 1 schools be salivating at the prospect of adding an athletic 385 pound guy? Wouldn't he want to prove himself? Was he not smart enough to handle the work?

3. Where has he been in this process? Why hasn't anyone that I've read mentioned this guy as a small school sleeper? This is the kind of kid that the Shrine Bowl and the NFLPA game would love to have if he had talent.

Like you said, 7th rounder or priority FA (whenever we can sign them).
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by insanesteelersfan
    Talk about Size! He makes Haloyi Ngata look like Angelina Jolie
    ....and he probably has a physique that makes Terrance Cody look like his body double.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    He is interesting.

My concerns.

2. He spent two years transferring from one nothing college to another. Why? Wouldn't Div 1 schools be salivating at the prospect of adding an athletic 385 pound guy? Wouldn't he want to prove himself? Was he not smart enough to handle the work?

3. Where has he been in this process? Why hasn't anyone that I've read mentioned this guy as a small school sleeper? This is the kind of kid that the Shrine Bowl and the NFLPA game would love to have if he had talent.

All good points yes. But that's why I said as a late draft choice. But his athleticism can't be denied. As for a small school. There are lots of reasons. Maybe he just couldn't handle it academically speaking....that's true of alot of talented football players. As for his arm reach, I hear it is like 37 inches. So that's not too bad. I, like you am just surprised I have never heard of him before yesterday.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He is interesting.

My concerns.

All good points yes. But that's why I said as a late draft choice. But his athleticism can't be denied. As for a small school. There are lots of reasons. Maybe he just couldn't handle it academically speaking....that's true of alot of talented football players. As for his arm reach, I hear it is like 37 inches. So that's not too bad. I, like you am just surprised I have never heard of him before yesterday.

What are you talking about? 37" Arm reach not too bad? That would be the top arm length of any prospect in the draft. Just by looking at him I would say its more like 33"

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    He is interesting.

My concerns.

What are you talking about? 37" Arm reach not too bad? That would be the top arm length of any prospect in the draft. Just by looking at him I would say its more like 33"

This below is from another site who SAID it was from the Tennessee Martin Pro day.

Ok-This is what I found out on Jasper:
    6ft 4.2
    394 lbs
    arm length 36 7/8th
    40 reps at 225
    5.3 40 yrd time
    1.73 in 10 yd
    9ft broad jump
    31 inch vertical
    4.81 Shuttle
    8.2 L-Drill

Take it for what you will.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He is interesting.

My concerns.

This below is from another site who SAID it was from the Tennessee Martin Pro day.

6ft 4.2
    394 lbs
    arm length 36 7/8th
    40 reps at 225
    5.3 40 yrd time
    1.73 in 10 yd
    9ft broad jump
    31 inch vertical
    4.81 Shuttle
    8.2 L-Drill

He looks like a freak.

40 reps with 37 arm length is crazy.

He maybe a workout warrior but i would not mind making him a priority UDFA.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel
    He is interesting.

My concerns.

6ft 4.2
    394 lbs
    arm length 36 7/8th
    40 reps at 225
    5.3 40 yrd time
    1.73 in 10 yd
    9ft broad jump
    31 inch vertical
    4.81 Shuttle
    8.2 L-Drill

He looks like a freak.

40 reps with 37 arm length is crazy.

He maybe a workout warrior but i would not mind making him a priority UDFA.
    Those arms are 37 inches? Look at them.

Maybe I'm having trouble figuring this out proportionately since he is soooo large. But, I would guess his arms are 34 inches at most (and that's being very generous).
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Buffalo Bills ended up using a 7th round comp pick on this kid. Marcel Dareus played next to Mount Cody at Alabama, and now may get to play next to this kid in Buffalo.

Bethel University's Michael Jasper waiting to get started with Buffalo Bills
    12:00 AM, May. 10, 2011
    By Matt Vines

What does an NFL Draft pick do during a league-wide lockout when he can't talk to his new team?

Bethel lineman Michael Jasper has been soaking up the sun — watching the Wildcats baseball and softball teams in the TranSouth tournament this past week.

Jasper, who is a regular spectator at Bethel sporting events, has always been a campus favorite with his 6-foot-4, 440-pound frame and even bigger personality.

But the attention has increased since he was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in the seventh round on April 30.

"The support from the Bethel and McKenzie families, the people back home in Mt. Juliet, even the folks in Buffalo ... it's all been amazing," Jasper said. "Buffalo folks are hitting me up on all the social networking sites, and I want to work hard to make everyone proud."

Jasper has had to work hard just to get drafted, losing about 65 pounds to get to 375 pounds after NFL teams asked him to get under 400. His 440-pound playing weight made him the heaviest player selected.

But several publications have noted how NFL teams are intrigued by his athleticism despite the weight, including a 5.58 40-yard dash and a 32-inch vertical jump.

The Bills watched him work out in Jackson a week before the Draft, and the Denver Broncos asked him for his draft day contact information, so Jasper thought he had a chance to be selected although most teams wanted him as a preferred free agent.

He said he always watches the Draft with his mom every year at his home in Mt. Juliet, and he didn't change his routine this year.

"I'm no draft expert, but you start to analyze things when you see a defensive tackle go," Jasper said. "I knew the Bills had two seventh-round draft picks, and I wasn't selected with the first one, so I decided that I wasn't going to be drafted.

"I had made up my mind that I would go harder than ever ... because as soon as the lockout was over with, I will have my opportunity as a preferred free agent."

But Jasper got the phone call earlier than expected. Bills scout Matt Hand called Jasper to say that he was drafted with the 245th overall pick, just 10 selections before the end of the draft.

"I thought it was a joke ... but it was God's work," Jasper said. "I talked to (Bills head coach Chan Gailey) ... but we couldn't talk much and I haven't talked with the Bills again because of the lockout.

Jasper said they want to try him at defensive tackle, news that excites Jasper. He will join first-round pick and former Alabama defensive tackle Marcell Dareus.

"I'm extremely excited to go play with (Dareus)," Jasper said. "You try to compare yourself to a guy that has so many intangibles an is a quick athlete himself.

"But I think to myself, 'I'm a freak athlete, too'. There were a lot of beasts on the defensive line that got drafted and you ask yourself, 'Can I be that good?'"

New Orleans Saints safety Jabari Greer, a former Jackson Central-Merry player, Tennessee player and Bills draft pick, had a bit of advice for Jasper when Greer visited Jackson on Monday.

"If I could talk to him, the main thing I'd say is to go up there hungry and always try to be a shining light on that film," Greer said. "Always try to be noticed for your effort on the practice films.

"Also, I'd tell him to get a truck when he gets to Buffalo. I had a car, and I had a lot of problems when that first snow hit."
    [url]http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110510/SPORTS/105100311[/url]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.