Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I really do like our QB

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: I really do like our QB

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Wait? Ben stared down a WR and threw into double coverage because some fans say he holds the ball too long? Are people really acting this dense to defend a horrible decision? If Ben hits Miller I don't think the "hold the ball" crowd would boo that play...

People complain about Ben holding the ball too long when he is triple pumping and trying to go verticle when Mend or Heath are wide open underneath on 2nd and 3.

It's ignorant to suggest Ben was throwing a quick pass when he pumped and stared down Wallace in double coverage.
    the play we're talking about is the 2nd INT. short slant in to wallace
    I thought Ben pumped on that play because they had Wallace locked up pretty good. I haven't watched the SB replay so I'm just going on memory. Still hurts to watch.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

no pump on the 2nd Int.

bushmade a great play to snuff it out.

just like clark did with the jennings TD a few plays later. replays showed he diagnosed the play early. only thing was he hesitated for a second (why, i dont know) and it cost him an INT or at least knocking the ball away. the packer DB didnt hesitate and out fought wallace for the ball.

thats the difference of having players in the secondary that can make plays on the ball and one that allows them to catch it and try to tackle them before reaching the 1st down marker

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    no pump on the 2nd Int.

bushmade a great play to snuff it out.

just like clark did with the jennings TD a few plays later. replays showed he diagnosed the play early. only thing was he hesitated for a second (why, i dont know) and it cost him an INT or at least knocking the ball away. the packer DB didnt hesitate and out fought wallace for the ball.

thats the difference of having players in the secondary that can make plays on the ball and one that allows them to catch it and try to tackle them before reaching the 1st down marker
    hopefully the new DB coach can get these guys in line because all of our DB's outside of a healthy Troy have a hard time getting their hands on the football.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel
    YPA decides a winner and not completion %.

Hey! MSM is back!!
    Well i am not MSM but i definitely agreed with him on YPA being the most important factor.

Just pulling your chain, brother!
    No problemo...
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT