Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Pens-Bolts First Round Playoff Series Thread

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Re: The Pens-Bolts First Round Playoff Series Thread

I hate games like that when you thoroughly outplay a team...dominate them even...for the better part of 2 periods...to the point that it feels like it should be something like 5-0...except you look up at the scoreboard...and it's only 2-1 after 2. At that point, I knew that we would regret letting them stay so close when we should have been making them pay early on when we were totally controlling the action. I had an awful, foreboding feeling for the entire 3rd period. However, when OT began, those feelings fell to the wayside, and it was all In-Fleury-We-Trust. I knew we would pull it out, and we did. Tonight is the night that James Neal official became a Penguin.

Legend

Do we really even need Sid or Geno? The thing I enjoy most about hockey is this is truly a team sport and the system is just as big as the players on the ice.

Danny boy has been brilliant. He deserves to win a Stanley Cup without his 2 biggest stars.

Although I suspect the NHL will want Crosby to return to play against the Capitals. Crosby - Ovechkin is the best ratings they can hope for. And having the Comeback Kid playing will only add to the storyline.

But a part of me wants to see what we can do with the guys we have playing right now.

Let's go Pens!!!!

PS I always forget about this section of the board, but I was so pumped after last night!!! This felt like it could be the defining game of our playoff run. I was half expecting it to go all night and never end

Sid and Geno are amazing talents of hockey today, but just like flippy said, this is TRULY a team sport. That is what I love most about hockey... Its exciting to know that at anyone 1-5 second span a goal can happen, and then there may not be a goal for 20 minutes. It makes each and every moment count to the fullest and every shift is extremely important.

I am very excited about this pens team... I have been for months now. Seeing how they can pull together and play this sport as a full unit. We may not have the star power but we have a great coaching staff and a full team of men who believe in the system they play in.

One game at a time fellas, tomorrow is a great opportunity to wrap this series up and get rested for the semi-finals. LETS GO PENS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legend

Which Fluery will show up for Game 7?

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Which Fluery will show up for Game 7?
    Without Jordan for the first half of the season and without Sid and Geno for the second half of the season, Fleury has been our best player this season, getting us to where we are now. I truly believe that he will show up big time on Wednesday and will thoroughly outplay old man Roloson to take the series.

HAHAHA ... man , I love the pens !!!

They just want to give the fans a great series.... wit the disgusting 8-2 loss at home in game 5 and a very stale outing in game 6, they put themselves in a great place , in front of the hometown crowd to put this series away and move on to the next....

SHOULD BE A GREAT GAME WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!!

LETS GO PENS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

something else......

...... imagination ........