Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Pouncey Predicts He Will Be A Cowboy

Legend

User Info Menu

Mike Pouncey Predicts He Will Be A Cowboy

Mike Pouncey, top-ranked Florida guard and brother of current Pittsburgh Steelers center Maurkice, wrapped up his visit to Valley Ranch today and wound up leaving with a bold prediction.

"Headed back to pittsburgh…. would be shocked if i wasnt in a dallas uniform nxt year! The draft is april 28th so we will see…. To all the steelers fans i would love to be playing for the steelers and if i had a choice i would but it isnt my choice…."

For the Cowboys to draft Pouncey at 9th overall would be a slight reach, but if the organization gave the center/guard combo that he would be their selection it is possible that the team is strongly considering a trade back into the mid-first round.

One thing is clear, the closer we get to the draft, the more it seems like Dallas will be selecting an offensive lineman when they are on the clock.

[url="http://thelandryhat.com/2011/04/06/mike-pouncey-predicts-hes-going-to-be-a-cowboy/"]http://thelandryhat.com/2011/04/06/mike ... -a-cowboy/[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Mike Pouncey Predicts He Will Be A Cowboy

the Cowgirls are in dire need of an OT, I think they will choose to go in that direction and Mike Pouncey will end up being drafted by Seattle at #25.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Not so sure Chadman's all that keen on Pouncey's bravado. Confidence is one thing- but his brother didn't feel the need to give away bold predictions. In fact, if it's true that Dallas wants him- a pretty boneheaded move by Mike to announce it like that- tipping off his future employer's plans to the competitors is sure to go down well.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Not so sure Chadman's all that keen on Pouncey's bravado. Confidence is one thing- but his brother didn't feel the need to give away bold predictions. In fact, if it's true that Dallas wants him- a pretty boneheaded move by Mike to announce it like that- tipping off his future employer's plans to the competitors is sure to go down well.
    Maybe thats his way to ensure a pick at #31.......(the number 31 still makes me sick)
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

My buddy who's a cowboy fan was upset (along with others) when we selected Pouncey last year because they were hoping to draft him.

That's a bit high for him though. If they do take him, hope he snaps the ball 10 feet over romo head at a critical time

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Maybe thats his way to ensure a pick at #31.......(the number 31 still makes me sick)[/quote]

Yeah, it is like being the first loser.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mike needs to stfu.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

The team I worry about surprising everyone by taking Pouncey is Miami. Everyone and their mother has projected Mark Ingram to go there forever (after all, they need a RB with both Ronnie and Ricky being questionnable to return, and the Fins did employ Mark Ingram Sr. for a couple of seasons in the mid-90's). Now Ingram's dealing with a knee injury, and his stock is falling a bit (some have said he may even fall out of the first round altogether). I think Miami could decide to take Pouncey at #15 (if they aren't able to trade the pick) and then maybe go after someone like DeAngelo Williams in free agency (whenever that happens). I think that Ingram could then fall to the Saints, who could be interested in making him another Deuce McAllister type.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

We aren't getting Pouncey II so everyone needs to internalize that and focus on the players we can get.

We already got the better of the twins so lets be happy with that. Pouncey II is not as good as his brother and he should give Maurkice a portion of his first year salary and bonus for driving up his value higher than it probabaly deserves to be.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    We aren't getting Pouncey II so everyone needs to internalize that and focus on the players we can get.