Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chadman's "I got nothing to do" Mock..

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Chadman's "I got nothing to do" Mock..

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    That was fun. Thanks. Outside of Stocker and Jarrett, almost every pick you have has huge question marks.

Williams struggled as an outside corner. He was successful as a nickelback but looked a little stiff for the position at the combine. I'm not sure what his position is.

Gilbert has great talent but never really dominated at Florida as you'd expect.

Stocker is a lot like Spaeth. Why not just resign Spaeth and draft someone else?

Bair is older and really isn't strong enough to play much 3-4 DE yet. He's a project. I think he'd be a good pick here. But, he is very thin right now. I'm not sure he'll every be able to develop the anchor strength.

I live in Buckeye country. I don't really like Saine very much. He is an impressive athlete. I wonder if he isn't a WR in the pros. His skill set seems much more suited to WR.

Adrian Taylor could be good if healthy.
    I thought about Saine as a WR. He certainly isn't a running back. I would have to see him try to play the position but I suspect he would struggle greatly. He might have had the best hands on the team, he also has elite speed. But, can the guy run a route? I highly suspect the answer is no. Watching the guy change direction is painful.

I couldn't find a highlight reel on Saine from college. But, check this one out from HS. Look at the 45 second mark. You will see two things, one is his ability to change direction comes with these awkward choppy steps, rather than quick decisive movements. You will also see his elite speed. I understand he has to pull a 180 but I seen this so many times when asked to shoot from like the A gap to the C gap. By the time he gets started again he has a linebacker pulling him down. So, I think his ability to just run an out pattern wouldn't fool anyone. He is a guy worth looking at as an UDFA, but I suspect he will fizzle out of the league sooner than later.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7iiis_Ygho[/url]
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    It would seem that Shawn, Ovi & Steelblood are just not "feeling" the importance of the whole cool-name/slogan thing.

Come on people!

IN SAINE!!!!!
    Now, that you mention it...that's a pretty cool name. It was a solid mock. Remove Saine and place Devine in there and you would have one happy Steeler fan.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    It would seem that Shawn, Ovi & Steelblood are just not "feeling" the importance of the whole cool-name/slogan thing.

Come on people!

IN SAINE!!!!!
    Now, that you mention it...that's a pretty cool name. It was a solid mock. Remove Saine and place Devine in there and you would have one happy Steeler fan.
    Shawn's providing some Divine Intervention to Chadman's mock!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Gee Shawn...Chadman's going to stick with In Saine.

6th round- we are talking about one of the premier athletes in this draft. Not many 220+ lbs athletes running with that sort of speed in the NFL.

He may never be an outstanding NFL RB- but as a 3rd down option, as a potential kick returner...with that sort of gamebreaking ability...he's worth a shot in the 6th. His college career stats look a lot like untapped potential to Chadman.

Willie Parker comes to mind...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Gee Shawn...Chadman's going to stick with In Saine.

6th round- we are talking about one of the premier athletes in this draft. Not many 220+ lbs athletes running with that sort of speed in the NFL.

He may never be an outstanding NFL RB- but as a 3rd down option, as a potential kick returner...with that sort of gamebreaking ability...he's worth a shot in the 6th. His college career stats look a lot like untapped potential to Chadman.

Willie Parker comes to mind...
    Fair enough but Saine makes Parker look like Barry Sanders. I will say though that Saine has much better hands. Saine had his chances at OSU and just didn't produce. Where he did show some flashes was in the passing game. He came up with some jaw droppers as a receiver. IMO, he has a very very high bust potential but I understand what you see in him. Big, fast, and hands. Problem is he runs light, without authority, hesitant, unable to change directions or pick holes. As a third down back...maybe but I don't remember anything about his blocking ability.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

Come on people!

IN SAINE!!!!!
    Shawn's providing some Divine Intervention to Chadman's mock!
    Divine Intervention...now you're getting it!
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

I like that.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like that.
    That's because he was your idea!!

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

I like that.
    That's because he was your idea!!

Tru tru.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Truly a well-reasoned mock draft that merits laud and serious consideration.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.