Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet Jah Reid

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Meet Jah Reid

[url="http://thenationalfootballreport.com/2011/03/24/2011-nfl-draft-profile-jah-reid/"]http://thenationalfootballreport.com/20 ... -jah-reid/[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Meet Jah Reid

Thanks for the write-ups SKL. Can you explain why Reid is viewed only as a right tackle, please?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock
    Thanks for the write-ups SKL. Can you explain why Reid is viewed only as a right tackle, please?
    He really isn't athletic enough to play LT. He is a bit heavy legged. Not quite quick enough to cut off the speed rush that will be coming from the blindside. His height also gives him struggles with smaller defenders getting low and under him. He also is raw and has only played RT at the college level. Maybe someday he could play LT but I don't see that happening for years.

Starter

User Info Menu

from what i've seen jah reid is somewhat comparable to demarcus love only weaker and less athletic. he lunges a lot and his balance and technique need a lot of work before he start at the pro level. watch his combine video on nfl.com and you'll see what i mean. i just think if we go OT we need a starter. We already have Jonathan Scott, Tony Hillis, and Trai Essex that fit the jah reid mold. i would prefer one of the top 5 OT's or at least a james brewer/james carpenter type.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledSteeler
    from what i've seen jah reid is somewhat comparable to demarcus love only weaker and less athletic. he lunges a lot and his balance and technique need a lot of work before he start at the pro level. watch his combine video on nfl.com and you'll see what i mean. i just think if we go OT we need a starter. We already have Jonathan Scott, Tony Hillis, and Trai Essex that fit the jah reid mold. i would prefer one of the top 5 OT's or at least a james brewer/james carpenter type.
    I don't take alot of stock in combine video's. His game tape is what counts. I watched him all week at the East-West Shrine practices. He didn't look good in one-on-one drills, however during scrimmage and games he can play. It was like watching 2 different guys. DeMarcus Love was HORRIBLE at the Senior Bowl week and some scouts wondered why he was even invited. I would take Reid over Love any day. Keep in mind I gave him a 4th round grade. He won't be ready to start for a couple of years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledSteeler
    I don't take alot of stock in combine video's. His game tape is what counts. I watched him all week at the East-West Shrine practices. He didn't look good in one-on-one drills, however during scrimmage and games he can play. It was like watching 2 different guys. DeMarcus Love was HORRIBLE at the Senior Bowl week and some scouts wondered why he was even invited. I would take Reid over Love any day. Keep in mind I gave him a 4th round grade. He won't be ready to start for a couple of years.
    That's what people said about Kraig Urbik once upon a time.

Oviedo was a big time Urbik supporter, and is now a big time Reid supporter.

I'm getting a bad feeling about this...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

if all else fails he can just play guard, like all our other tackles.

Legend

User Info Menu

jah ya, jah ya, jah ya

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Per Gil Brandt:

"One player who was at the combine whose stock is rising is tackle Jah Reid (6-7 1/2, 321). Several teams have worked Reid out, and even though he fully participated at the combine, he insisted on doing all of the drills over again, which left a favorable impression on NFL personnel. Reid ran 5.32 and 5.29 in the 40, had a 29-inch vertical jump, a 9-3 broad jump, a 4.59 short shuttle and a 7.59 3-cone. He also bench pressed 23 reps of 225 pounds."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    Per Gil Brandt:

"One player who was at the combine whose stock is rising is tackle Jah Reid (6-7 1/2, 321). Several teams have worked Reid out, and even though he fully participated at the combine, he insisted on doing all of the drills over again, which left a favorable impression on NFL personnel. Reid ran 5.32 and 5.29 in the 40, had a 29-inch vertical jump, a 9-3 broad jump, a 4.59 short shuttle and a 7.59 3-cone. He also bench pressed 23 reps of 225 pounds."
    He'd be a good Round 4 pick. Not sure he lasts until the end of the round.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"