Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O-line ignored...again....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

O-line ignored...again....

Unless we pick someone good in the second round, but we let some great picks slip by again. We didn't even go for a CB.

I hate to sound like a broken record but this has gone on for waaaaay too long. Pouncey alone isn't going to solve our problems, especially when we still have turds like Kemo holding the line.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: O-line ignored...again....

i have no problem with the pick. i think heyward represented the best value left on the board.

they will address the OL tonight possibly, but the situation there is not as dire a some believe IMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti
    i have no problem with the pick. i think heyward represented the best value left on the board.

they will address the OL tonight possibly, but the situation there is not as dire a some believe IMO.

$$$$
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

If the Steelers approached the draft with the mindset of need over value, we'd have Shawn Andrews and Ben Roethlisberger would be in Buffalo.

I think I like their way better than yours.
    "That's just Ben being Superman" -John Madden, Super Bowl XLIII

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    Unless we pick someone good in the second round, but we let some great picks slip by again. We didn't even go for a CB.

I hate to sound like a broken record but this has gone on for waaaaay too long. Pouncey alone isn't going to solve our problems, especially when we still have turds like Kemo holding the line.

Sherrod was a better player and better value at 1.31

Heyward is a luxury pick. He is not going to start for atleast 2-3 years unless he is going to play a NT.

I am not all excited with Heyward...way too inconsistent in college. Hopefully i am wrong.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think everyone is gung ho for a Tackle when that's not the area of need. We need a guard. the only OL i would have taken in the first is Pouncey. Hopefully we can get Hudson or Cannon OR a cb like dowling. I don't see us getting dowling so i think guard is where we go. then maybe we take Burton in the 3rd.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers made it to the SB with a makeshift line, a great quarterback, one deep threat, a very good running back and a great defense. The defense just got younger with a player that doesn't have to see the field immediately and he will be able to learn from two of the best 3-4 DEs playing the game.

The Steelers could surround Ben with Anthony Munoz, John Hannah, Dermontti Dawson, Mike Webster (guard) and Art Shell and he would still be sacked 30 plus times in a season. It's his style of play and it isn't changing.

Heyward if he pans out adds youth to an aging defensive line and the defensive line is what allows the LBs to be what they are and that's great.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

but the situation there is not as dire a some believe IMO.
    Heyward is a luxury pick. He is not going to start for atleast 2-3 years unless he is going to play a NT
    Nose Tackle?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete
    but the situation there is not as dire a some believe IMO.
    [quote:2yk84i46]Heyward is a luxury pick. He is not going to start for atleast 2-3 years unless he is going to play a NT
    Nose Tackle?[/quote:2yk84i46]

I think Ziggy would move to NT before Heyward would.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch

Sherrod was a better player and better value at 1.31

Heyward is a luxury pick. He is not going to start for atleast 2-3 years unless he is going to play a NT.

I am not all excited with Heyward...way too inconsistent in college. Hopefully i am wrong.

Okay first off, Sherrod was NOT a higher ranked prospect. I can site CNN/SI,,,Cbssportsline, Nfl draft countdown, nfldraft scout, ect. ALL have Heyward ranked higher. And as for Ignoring the O-Line again,,,,says who ? Since when does it mean if you take a O-Linemen in the 1st round that you are guaranteed success ? I mean we have won 2 SB games with this Line the past 5 years. And yes we lost to Green Bay, but that was because we had guys like Max Starks and Willie Colon out...two players who were NOT 1st round Linemen...right ? No one here is saying we don't need to take a couple of prospects, a guard, and a Tackle who can play RT or G. But you seem to think that a 1st round OL is a Guarantee....how many examples would you like me to name of OL taken in round 1 who were complete TRASH! ? Cause I can name about 50. And that's just going back in the last 10 drafts.

I would have been okay with whoever Colbert took cause I think he has more then earned our respect. Especially with the 1st rounders. And I would have LOVED Gabe Carimi at 31, even over Heyward. But alas, he was gone. And after him, all the rest of the O-Line guys were not as good as Heyward. Which BTW WAS a need for this team. Brent Keisel has a year left at best! And is constantly injured. And Aaron Smith might not even make our squad this season.

So please, get off your High horse. D.Sherrod was NOT higher rated then Heyward by the majority of QUALITY Draft sites.