Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 428

Thread: Little Ben Is Inconsistent, the Truth Hurts

  1. #41
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,779

    Re: Little Ben Is Inconsistent, the Truth Hurts

    Quote Originally Posted by Scalaid6
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by Scalaid6
    Ben Roethlisberger has habitually taken advantage of WEAK teams to pad stats.

    He has failed tremendously vs good teams (defenses). Sure there are good games here and there (exception to every rule)

    Just review his stats vs the good teams this season, then look at them vs the bad ones. Tell me what do you see??????

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/p ... yerId=5536
    And no other QB in the NFL "pads" his stats against weaker teams? Only Ben's stats reflect this?

    Check out Brees this season? Look at Rivers' stats. His are obviously meaningless because he has accomplished nothing in his career except excite Fantasy Football nerds.

    I dont watch every other qb, I watch the Steelers. How did Brees look against our #1 defense THIS SEASON?

    You don't watch any other QB in NFL and you have balls to say Brees,Manning, River and Rodgers are better than Ben... LMFAO

    Another Fantasy football junkie who loves to click on yahoo box score for his opinion.

    Next time watch games and then open your trap.
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

  2. #42

    Re: Little Ben Is Inconsistent, the Truth Hurts

    So Ben has a reputation as a R*pist so does that mean that it is true? I think not
    Only from people to stupid to figure out that an unhinged hotel worker and a drunk sorority girl are lying.

    If you want to do go there we can go their. Im actually surprised you didn't already bring it up.

  3. #43
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,332

    Re: Little Ben Is Inconsistent, the Truth Hurts

    Quote Originally Posted by Scalaid6
    Ben has led his team to win the majority of the AFC North titles since he has come into the league. Clearly not "efficient."

    Ben has led his team to double digit wins the majority of the seasons since he became the starting QB in a league that is all about parity. Clearly not "efficient."

    I anxiously await your empiricial metrics and how the "real elite" QB match up to them.
    The DEFENSE got them to the SB in 08 and the RUNNING GAME IN 05 (You attribute that to Ben? WOW)

    Ben has ONE team MVP in 7 seasons. That tells me that his OWN TEAM doesnt think he is that big of a factor.

    PLEASE LIST 4 GAMES IN A ROW BY BEN ROETHLISBERGER WHERE HE HAS PRODUCED ELITE STATS.

    I'LL WAIT[/quote]

    You are rapidly losing your argument. I'm still waiting for your metrics. Are four games in a row a metric? Check out Brees at the beginning of 2010. Do you consider him elite.

    Please establish your metrics and make them unambiguous so they can be applied to every QB in the NFL.

    If you can't go back to whatever board you were on before your 10 posts here and put the training wheels back on. This site is for grown ups.[/quote]


    You dont dictate how I debate. Put parameters on someone else. I see you couldnt site those 4 games in a row as asked, very telling.

    I saw Brees against us and he looked ELITE to me[/quote]

    I'll take that as your admission that you have lost.

    Let me teach you what you did wrong. You have set forth a hypothesis yet you can provide no evidence to support that hypothesis. You make a blanket staement about how a specific individual compares to a larger group yet you acknowledge you only watch the one individual in that group who you don't like. You can't support the thesis you set forth with evidence so you try to pass that task on to others and when they hold your feet to the fire to present your evidence and metrics you say the "can't dictate how you debate." Well if you are a lazy debater who just throws out unsuppoted opinions the I guess that is right. But then you need to clearly articulate that you are putting forth unsupportable biased personal opinions and not actually debating at all.

    Like I said, go back to the JV message boards and practcie so you can be taken seriously the next time you post.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  4. #44

    Re: Little Ben Is Inconsistent, the Truth Hurts

    Quote Originally Posted by siss
    So Ben has a reputation as a R*pist so does that mean that it is true? I think not
    Only from people to stupid to figure out that an unhinged hotel worker and a drunk sorority girl are lying.

    If you want to do go there we can go their. Im actually surprised you didn't already bring it up.
    Comedy Gold!

  5. #45
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,002

    Re: Little Ben Is Inconsistent, the Truth Hurts

    Uh the Colts WERE the Lions PRE MANNING how do you think they got the BEST qb in the draft?
    The Colts missed the playoffs 4 of 6 seasons prior to Manning.

    But the Colts also made the playoffs 2 of 3 seasons, including one AFC title game, prior to Manning.

    Just like the Steelers did before Ben.

    Until you anti-Ben, pro-Manning mouth-breathers can somehow explain that Ben was drafted by a "good team" and yet Manning was drafted by a team that resembled the Lions when the teams went through the same exact period? Don't waste my time boys.

  6. #46

    Re: Little Ben Is Inconsistent, the Truth Hurts

    Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Scalaid6
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by Scalaid6
    Ben Roethlisberger has habitually taken advantage of WEAK teams to pad stats.

    He has failed tremendously vs good teams (defenses). Sure there are good games here and there (exception to every rule)

    Just review his stats vs the good teams this season, then look at them vs the bad ones. Tell me what do you see??????

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/p ... yerId=5536
    And no other QB in the NFL "pads" his stats against weaker teams? Only Ben's stats reflect this?

    Check out Brees this season? Look at Rivers' stats. His are obviously meaningless because he has accomplished nothing in his career except excite Fantasy Football nerds.

    I dont watch every other qb, I watch the Steelers. How did Brees look against our #1 defense THIS SEASON?

    You don't watch any other QB in NFL and you have balls to say Brees,Manning, River and Rodgers are better than Ben... LMFAO

    Another Fantasy football junkie who loves to click on yahoo box score for his opinion.

    Next time watch games and then open your trap.

    Fantasy football is based on what? POINTS AND PRODUCTION. Not a fan of fantasy football just refuting the flimsy statement.

    They are all better than Ben just like Revis, Namdi, Champ are better than Ike.

  7. #47
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,427

    Re: Little Ben Is Inconsistent, the Truth Hurts

    "Would Ben go to 3 Super Bowls on any other team but the Steelers? "

    How many other Steelers QB did it? 1 old balding dude that many also bash for similar faults. And he was not this successful at Ben's age. Fans were booing him for hmmmm, lack of consistency.


    None of us reach our true full potential so let's not expect it of him. He is doing well, enjoy it. And ponder how many other Steeler QBs couldn't find the Super Bowl between he and Terry.

  8. #48
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,002

    Re: Little Ben Is Inconsistent, the Truth Hurts

    I saw Brees against us and he looked ELITE to me
    He did? They had 13 points until Heath Miller fumbled late in the 4th. Brees also had a pick and a fumble. That's elite?

    You haven't posted on Scout in five days, my guess is they got fed up with you and banned you.

  9. #49

    Re: Little Ben Is Inconsistent, the Truth Hurts

    Quote Originally Posted by siss
    So Ben has a reputation as a R*pist so does that mean that it is true? I think not
    Only from people to stupid to figure out that an unhinged hotel worker and a drunk sorority girl are lying.

    If you want to do go there we can go their. Im actually surprised you didn't already bring it up.
    Dont you mean "too" and "go there".

    However, I agree with you. Still doesnt change the fact that he has a reputation (albeit false).

    My point is just because people say it doesnt make it true. That lesson was free.

  10. #50

    Re: Little Ben Is Inconsistent, the Truth Hurts

    Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    You haven't posted on Scout in five days, my guess is they got fed up with you and banned you.
    They also banned you and that is why you post under "GuySmiley7" now.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •