Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Steelers Team Needs: Inside Linebacker

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers Team Needs: Inside Linebacker

Quote Originally Posted by Chavezz
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sodfather
    I believe the plan is to move Timmons to Farrior's spot and have Foote, SS or some unknown draft pick play the other side.

Timmons needs to be on the field on three downs no matter what.
    Agree.

I LOVE Woodley but Timmons can be a bigger impact imo.

Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Personally I would stay away from Martez Wilson. He is shooting up the boards based on his physical ability. On the field he really wasn’t all that productive.

I think I would rather take a flyer on Clin McCarthy of the U. A very high motor guy who really turned some heads at the Senior Bowl.
    I've heard Nate Irving's name mentioned alot lately and saw one Mock with us taking him. Anyone know anything about him?????
    "Nate Irving, NC State-great story actually, he was in a bad car accident and missed all of 2009. He had a collapsed lung, broken ribs, separated shoulder, and compound fracture in his leg. He started working to come back in late 2009. He ended 2010 with 93 tackles (led team) and 19.5 tackles for loss (4th nationally)."

Sophomore Nate Irving highlights

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otgKKqUcWhU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otgKKqUcWhU[/url]
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    i dont see where timmons has earned a contract at the level of woodley and harrsison.
    not yet, anyway.

and when they do re up timmons, harrison will be coming off the books... sooner then later with his age
    Timmons is entering the last year of his rookie deal in 2011. Under normal circumstances, we would be trying to negotiate a long-term extension with him right now (of course, with no CBA, these are anything but normal circumstances).

Harrison has 4 more seasons left on his contract. He won't be a free agent until 2015. He's not coming off the books when it is time to re-up Timmons.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

i should have said when the big money in timmons' contract (or if he gets big $$) kicks in, debo's may be coming off the books.

love Jimmy, but he'll be 33 in may and has a young 2nd rd pick behind him. i dont think he's going to see the end of that contract

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    i should have said when the big money in timmons' contract (or if he gets big $$) kicks in, debo's may be coming off the books.

love Jimmy, but he'll be 33 in may and has a young 2nd rd pick behind him. i dont think he's going to see the end of that contract
    Exactly

Which is why this Worilds should replace Woodley" talk is utter crap. JW was clearly drafted to eventually replace Harrison.

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=The Sodfather]
    Quote Originally Posted by "NJ-STEELER":35d1zp1j

Exactly

Which is why this Worilds should replace Woodley" talk is utter crap. JW was clearly drafted to eventually replace Harrison.[/quote:35d1zp1j]

I think that Harrison will not be here for the full 4 years he has remaining on his contract. In two more years he will be 35 and while he may be able to still do it I think they will part ways with him or he will have to take a pay cut to stay.

I love the guy (in a fan sense) and think he is one the best players in the league but everyone moves on eventually. The front office will know the right time so not to lose promising young players.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=The Sodfather]
    Quote Originally Posted by "NJ-STEELER":3fw684zp

Exactly

Which is why this Worilds should replace Woodley" talk is utter crap. JW was clearly drafted to eventually replace Harrison.[/quote:3fw684zp]

when worilds came in to play the last quarter of the dolphin game, i think people forgot that he played the pre season predominately at the ROLB spot